• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Depth of Field - Adapter

there's another forum (hv20.com) that has a very active trading section. That's where I just got my Letus Extreme and a couple lenses. Crap I just checked over there and see a handy35 with lens for 350. If I had seen that last week, itd be mine today..

look in the trade section

Last edited:
Go to vimeo and search for "xha1 35mm adapter" that will give you a good indicator of what works on your camera.

I see a lot of letus, Brevis and sgpro. The letus is what Im buying (it has flip and is vibrating, the brevis, also a vibrator, can come with flip as a popular option. The sqpro has an updated version called sgblade, spinners by the way, both have flip options.

Im sure you can get a jag35st to work, but I don't see any example video of what that will look like. This is more likely to do with the quality of your camera. People using the jag35's are typically sub $1000 cameras, like mine where as you xha1 dudes are higher end, hence the acceptability of $500 and up adapters..

Last edited:
so, if I were to get a jag35st.. would I need a special type of lens thingy in order to mount the adapter onto the xh a1?

(I dont know much about lenses and adapters sorry.)

No, all you need to do is tell Jag which camera you have and they will put the appropriate ring and thread size on the adapter. If for some reason they don't have the right ring size, it would be a simple matter of buying an adapter ring on ebay (they are only a few bucks, usually).

tell them? how do you mean? I dont see much of a "camera choise" button on http://jag35.com/new/products/jag35st/

I bought an encinema so it might work a bit differently for the Jag checkout, but encinema also didn't have a 'camera choice' spot when you ordered. However, I did get an email in less than an hour asking me for the make and model. I would assume it would be the same deal with Jag. Or perhaps while you are ordering there will be a box for 'details' or 'special requests' and I'd throw it in there.

If you want to make sure how they do it, send an email to their customer support. Not only will you get a clear and direct answer, but you'll get a taste of their customer service and see if you find it satisfactory :)

Hope that helps :)

Back