tv David Blaine Ascension

sfoster

Staff Member
More the work of a dare devil /stunt man than a magician but still pretty cool. And inspired by a movie :)

This dude is definitely something else.
You see in horror movies where people get their lips sewn shut and then david walks out onto a stage and does that shit to himself lol

This will be live at the end of the month on youtube (weather permitting)

Last edited:
This is where he sews his own lips together.

Inspiring isn’t it?

to perform a horrifying act on himself with such indifference for the amusement of others

although I don’t think any child is gonna watch this and want to become a magician lol. Definitely a performance for adults:lol:

Last edited:
The stunt happens tomorrow morning. Currently scheduled 8:55 AM east coast time.

A man walks out with no parachute on his back, grabs a string of balloons and floats away.

Spoiler alert. David Blaine eats hearts and is actually pennywise the dancing clown.

Last edited:
What's your take on it?

I didn't watch. I lost interest in Blane when he went from street magician to endurance stunts.

What's your take on it?

I didn't watch. I lost interest in Blane when he went from street magician to endurance stunts.

Well 1st I would say now that he has a daughter he has disavowed doing any more scary endurance type stunts and now wants to focus on more inspiring stunts. To inspire her instead of scare her.

Now on to ascension... the production itself was terrible. It’s all stupid when it’s said and done. Bad camera choices during live broadcast. Most YouTube videos ramble too long in the beginning but this was the worst offender I’ve ever seen. Two hours of preshow where they put all this focus on how cold it gets in the air, How he might not be able to put his parachute on with how cold it is, danger danger etc

Then they suited him up with the camera and audio transmission vest and talk about how the tech on his body gets uNcomfortably hot. After spending literally hours talking about “I’m going to get too cold up there” and then he starts saying “I’m going to get too hot up there”

Just fuck you david Blaine for wasting my time and talking to me like I’m an idiot.

He went to the calmest part of the country, floated up and then parachuted down. That’s hardly even a stunt and it’s not magical. If he LANDED the balloons and the let go and walk away as they float back into the sky now that would be a real stunt.

You could alternate popping balloons and dropping weights to find your ideal landing spot.

I think David had more fun doing this than the audience had fun watching. It would be cool as hell to go hot air ballooning and then just dangle underneath the basket by a rope and that is the equivalent of what David did here. Anybody could do the same thing essentially. The view of floating there in the air with nothing beneath you is awesome.

Last edited:
Most face palm moment of the whole show

David “the view up here is incredidble”

Ground crew : “you should see the view from down here!”

David floating ten thousand feet And the guy on the ground thinks he has the better view, bc he is personally on the ground viewing it. People really have their heads that far up their ass and lack the consideration that David’s view was better and try to contradict him about it. That was a real exchange paraphrased

I found an edited clip - and fast forwarded through most of the 5 minutes.
He picked a great location just outside of Monument Valley. And I agree; it
must have been fun. But any healthy person with all the support Blaine
had could do this. This COULD be a paid attraction much like bungee
jumping or (as you point out) hot air ballooning.

What a waste of a great talent. Once upon a time he was a magician to
watch.

I found an edited clip - and fast forwarded through most of the 5 minutes.
He picked a great location just outside of Monument Valley. And I agree; it
must have been fun. But any healthy person with all the support Blaine
had could do this. This COULD be a paid attraction much like bungee
jumping or (as you point out) hot air ballooning.

What a waste of a great talent. Once upon a time he was a magician to
watch.

I think he got really embarrassed and derailed by "the masked magician"
David was so popular and hot at the time with his street magic special and a cool aura about him, then this other dude came out and demystified most of his tricks.

The best magician right now IMO is on a netflix series "Magic for Humans"
Its like "the carbonaro effect" but an order of magnitude better.

There is some shit in that show that is completely mind boggling.
And some other stuff that you can figure out but the execution and reactions are hysterical.

Such as this one.. easy to figure out. But great great comedy.

and this one that he EXPLAINS to you and is so fucking impressive anyway!!

Last edited:
Back