• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Critiques on my short video

First, you lose some points for not mailing me a piece of that delicious cake after the shoot.
smiley_colbert.gif

Found it oddly sad at the end, which was weird 'cos I thought it was essentially a "how to bake a cake" fluff piece for the majority of it.

Lighting was flat. Didn't care so much for the heavy DoF emphasis. Heck, at some points half her body's in focus, and the other half not.

I'd have dumped all the ambient sound aside from a special match-flare, 'cos that was pretty important. Aside from that one unique sound, the rest of the ambient noise in the room is just random bits here & there, and actually a bit distracting from the mellow music on top.

Well, all that's just my opinion.

Nice job overall. :cool:

The best thing I see here is that you are getting a hang of how action is shown in film with different cuts and angles instead of keeping the same shot going for too long as most people do.

Back