Crash (of Civilisations?)

....PM me and then we can 'censor' things for the thread. I have no idea as to what you are asking...I don't know what you are seeing over there, but most of this has been blacked out...

--spinner

...okay, I'll try to censor myself alittle...

...the most effective way to learn(teach) something is to have it relate to you or your situation. Yes, what Dillion said was racist, not overtly so, but the implication was. I understand being jaded, but when it affects how you do your job when you are a police officer, there lies the problem. In the U.S. its called 'racial profiling' and there are lawsuits all over the place.

...what Phillipe was called upon to do was look at his own views of what he understood to be african american behavior and it was sad to see the result of a really bad judgement call. Even the most compassionate person can have a lapse in judgement and this calls into question how you were raised to think, what you believe and at core how you react. (I wonder how many incidents happen like this, as opposed to it actually being a racial incident). Unfortunately, there are too many clashes between civilians and the police force nowadays...

...It is hard to change your way of thinking, but when you find that you are wrong or that what you think isn't always accurate, it is up to you to have the nerve and courage to recognize your error and try to re-think things. You can only come out the better for it...

--spinner :cool:

I don't know what you are seeing over there, but most of this has been blacked out...

That's the "Spoiler" tag, Spinner. :cool:

The messageboard lets you hide text... very handy in case one is posting what happens at the end of a movie, for example, so the people who don't want to know can't easily see it.

Moving your mouse/cursor over the blacked out sections removes the tag... and you can read the hidden text.

You can "spoiler" things yourself... the formatting buttons above the reply-box has the button for it, next to the WinMedia embed button. (It's the "S")

:)

...thanks, I was hoping I was wrong about this site censoring posts. I mean I know some things must be censored, but I was hoping that a discussion of this sort would not fall into that category...I'm so relieved...

--spinner

Back