Computer Vent

I'm venting:

My friggin computer had to go and crash. I came home and all I saw was the DOS cursor. I kept booting but same friggin cursor.

I thought my hard drive had crashed. I was about to go buy a new one when someone told me to put in my recovery disks and see if I could restore the system. It would work if the crash was not a physical crash of the drive.

I tried it and now it's seems to be restoring the system.

But FRIG FRIG FRIG FRIG FRIG..... why the hell did this have to happen???? WHY WHY WHY?

Now I have to install everything, because this damn restore disk is like 8 months old.
Yes it's my fault for not having a more recent backup.
I'm venting. thank you

You know the old saying "If it has tires, boobs or a keyboard; sooner or later you gonna have problems".

Ladies have a different version of that saying. Hope you had the data files on a separate HDD.

You know the old saying "If it has tires, boobs or a keyboard; sooner or later you gonna have problems".

Ladies have a different version of that saying. Hope you had the data files on a separate HDD.

Yeah. My data is on other drives. Otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out right now. I just have to reinstall software.

That reminds me... I need a haircut

In a lot better mood after the vent. Now I can laugh about it.

you know what sucks

Is that after you finish your rebuild, you realize that you left a DVD in the dvd drive and your bios was set to boot from CDROM... becuase of some other stupid thing your were doing a few weeks back. All you had to do was take the DVD out of the drive and reboot.. that sucks!

you know what sucks

Is that after you finish your rebuild, you realize that you left a DVD in the dvd drive and your bios was set to boot from CDROM... becuase of some other stupid thing your were doing a few weeks back. All you had to do was take the DVD out of the drive and reboot.. that sucks!

im sorry but: :lol:

but yeah, this (OP's problem) has happened to several times. i can sympathize.

I know, its funny no matter how many tears I shed, it still funny when I do really stupid things..

Like In my rock and roll days, I was all stressed out before a gig, so I thought a little bar brawl would loosen me up.. SNAP, classic boxer break.. though it did ground me for several weeks, I learned a valuable lesson. Aim for the soft spots and avoid the teeth..

Sorry to hear the bad new. Computers will tell you if a hard drive went bad wiith a message on your screen. If there is no message about a bad hard drive and it doesn't try a disk scan, you may have a wicked virus.

Back