• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Color Correction Contest!

Hey GUYS! Okay so first off I am directing a film for Television and I am just trying to make sure I am prepared or everything to come. I want this to be a experience of learning not only for me but for everyone viewing or participating! So I Googled a raw image on and found one, what I am thinking is anyone who wants to join download the image and try to color correct it in any program you want and then re-post it on here. I would like if you said what program you used and also feel free to comment on others. This is a good way to see what people like and what is more common in color correcting or not so common and so on so forth! Anyway I hope you guys enjoy this and I look forward to it! I will also be trying this once I watch a few color correcting tips on YouTube hahaha and get some sleep cause it's 1:59am here in Hawaii -_- CHEERS!
ccp.png

I did this in about 10 minutes feel free to comment on mine:
ccplots.png

I just tried to make it pop out :D

Last edited:
Anybody? You can do it however you like make a cool scenery or a warm feeling or anything fancy or maybe just how you would do it for your film if it was a jpg. of a scene lol :D

k, I'm still kinda new at this but here we go....

I might have gone a little heavy on the Burn tool for the hair, but the greens sure pop out a lot better. Bumped the levels with a quick mask around the skin areas, and did a simple color-replacement of the purple. (Not a fan of mauves)

colorcorrection.jpg

Not sure why I'm trying, Steve already won... :)

It's not exactly a RAW file though, just flat. It's great for a test though because most of us aren't shooting RAW.

Attachments

• CCtest.jpg
    CCtest.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 83
Nice one everyone! First off this is great! I knew that everyones would be different and to their taste and i love how color correcting almost never comes out the same when other people do it. moonshield to me yours symbolizes a scene where someone is thinking back on a memory and I like that, SinEater too me yours is like a surreal sunny day like it's one of those days where everything is just magnificent and I also like that, NOW Zensteve, I must say your work has really brought out the background but most importantly you are so profoundly GREAT that just by color correcting you can make not only the scene different but change the appearance of a human and make her 10X hotter, I guess the photoshop thread isnt any use now huh :/ HAHA good one bro! Fernando too me yours resembles a scene where a kid is looking at a picture of his mother when she was younger and therefore the picture is old and fading nice one, and finally Paul, this reminds me of something that should be shown on the big screen like in a movie theatre. It just has that look that symbolizes cinematic perfection. I LIKED all of them and I urge other people to keep trying! If more people do this I might film some dull footage and see who is good when it comes to the real deal next level, anyway anyone else who wants to give it a go don't hesitate! Remember eveyones will come out different but in their own way and that's what I like seeing!

Back