Collaborating for animation

Hi people, I'm a writer from italy, I have written fairytales id like to animate. I'm looking to talk to a serious animator about my projects. Anybody know how to find someone? Is this the right forum?

As always, keep in mind the Five Golden Words for finding collaborators: "What's in it for them?" If your only answer is, "You get to work on my project," that's not very enticing.

Animation is very work intensive, unquestionably the most complex field of filmmaking, so it's typically either very expensive or extremely difficult to get a decent animation made. You do have some options though. How likely it is to be possible for you depends on a few factors.

1. What is your standard of quality? If it's very low, you may be able to produce the animations yourself, at least enough to build a prototype or pilot episode, and then you can shop that around for funding to complete something large enough to sell.

2. What is the scope of your project? If you're talking about an anthology feature, it's an enormous amount of work, before, during, and after production. You see teams of 40 pull them off in 2-3 years sometimes, with funding available.

If you have no funding, and want other animators to join your thing, then mutual respect is your currency. (spoiler alert, it's far less effective that the greatest animation skill of all, being related to or business partners with an extremely wealthy person, which is responsible for about 99% of all success scenarios in filmmaking) You can produce a short prototype piece of your work solo, and use that completed work to generate enthusiasm for your project. This does involve a great amount of up front work.

Here is a very low level, but very easy to use animation program, that anyone could master in about a week. It's quality is really only suitable for small children, but since you're talking about fairy tales, maybe it would work out for you.

Here's a test video of that platform I made a few years back-

As always, keep in mind the Five Golden Words for finding collaborators: "What's in it for them?" If your only answer is, "You get to work on my project," that's not very enticing.
Well this sounds like a symbiotic relationship; animator looking for writer meets writer looking for animator to create one product together.

Back