Check out my new redisigned site...AGAIN!

Alright, I obviously scrapped that simple format that I had up last week because it SUCKED!

I started over, and now I am very happy to introduce you to my new new new redisigned website! (Don't worry. This one will last, haha.)

www.LoganLProductions.com

It still has certain pages that need to be finished, but the site as a whole is finally done. It will continually be updated and that Globat ad in the upper right hand corner of every page will change in and out with other ads, merchandise, special news pieces, or special videos...many possibilities.

Enjoy, and let me know exactly what you think. Good and bad. Thanks!

When you click "about" the header moves.

Anyway, I like it. I like the still images you choose, like on "projects".

Much better than the old one. So much easier to navigate around. :yes:

Couple of paragraph breaks in your bio, and I think a new header (the one with the "Logan L" graphic in it) would freshen it up a bit more. (Especially if it merges into the background... that would look good.)

But those are just picky-points. The site works and functions great.

Thanks for the input guys. Everything moves on the "About" page, because there is a scroll on that page and other pages don't have one.

Those images were all taken with disposable cameras believe it or not! (except the drawings. I drew those and scanned them.)

That bio is REALLY old by the way. I need to write a new one, haha.

Nicely done. I don't recall the former design (perhaps that's a good sign) but I like this one. Not sure what More Stuff will entail, but I imagine I'll find out in a week...

By the way, the copy editor in me noticed that College Life should be described as a "peek" into something, not a "peak." This kind of observation usually gets me dirty looks from friends. It also keeps the eraser companies in business...

Logan, the email address on your "Contact Us" page should be a live mailto link, not just text.

Where did the "donate via paypal" button go? I remember it from the old site.

Other than that it looks great.

I Thought I'd get rid of the "donate" button, because it seems like I'm begging or something. I got a total of $50 last year from donations (thanks, by the way), and I earned much more from selling webhosting packages, and I've only sold two. I just think what I really need is a good job, not donations. Besides, I have a new camera, which is what I was saving up for and if I ever need to fundraise, I can be more creative than "donate".

Of course, if anyone has a problem with this, I'll be more than happy to collect donations for a shotgun mic and some lenses, hehe...

Site looks good.

and I am probably going to switch to that web site hoster globat too. 2.5 gigs is a lotta media storage for $95/mo.

If you sign up this weekend (October 8-11), you get 3.75 GB of storage and 112 GB Bandwidth per month for the same price.

They call it "supersizing" and it's a three day promotion that starts on the 8th at noon.

Just thought I'd let you know so you can get the larger package for the same price. ;)

Oops, not the first time my lysdexic-ass screwed up werdz. Signed up for the super size deal (3.75 gigs), and I got 13 months for $95 (they added a free month!). My previous host cost $10/month and I got a whopping 50 MBs of storage. Now I can host my entire 90 minute film Under Nor Cal (in .wmv) and still have space for other goodies. Then the plan is to use BitPass to offer Under Nor Cal in online VOD. Will keep the board posted to this activity as I think online VOD is a compelling idea for indies with no distribution (lika me). I think $1.50/view is a good price for the documentary, considering the small screen and (relatively) poor audio.

Did you get the cred's Logan? I clicked on over from your site.

I have to say that I like the first redesig a bit better, but it looks like I would be in the minority on that one. I do like the new design however. I like the artwork on every page.

Poke

Creativename the website

Not to steal logans thunder or anything (cause I think his site looks better than mine), but I didn't want to start another thread for the same thing.

The Creativename Filmgroup site is up. Im still working on it (never happy with the color), some of the conent is still m.i.a. Its functional, but ugly as hell. Take a gander, if you will, and let me know what you think of the functionality. Thank you.

dudebro said:
Oops, not the first time my lysdexic-ass screwed up werdz. Signed up for the super size deal (3.75 gigs), and I got 13 months for $95 (they added a free month!). My previous host cost $10/month and I got a whopping 50 MBs of storage....Did you get the cred's Logan? I clicked on over from your site.
I actually never got any sign that you signed up, dudebro...that's odd. I never got any commission for that one...Are you sure you clicked straight from my link and then signed up using THAT very window? If you definitely did, then I need to talk to Globat, because that is a major screw up...

Flux said:
Not to steal logans thunder or anything (cause I think his site looks better than mine), but I didn't want to start another thread for the same thing.

The Creativename Filmgroup site is up. Im still working on it (never happy with the color), some of the conent is still m.i.a. Its functional, but ugly as hell. Take a gander, if you will, and let me know what you think of the functionality. Thank you.

I saw this site earlier. It looks great to me. It's very well organized and has more moving things than mine (I wanted moving menu buttons and stuff, but I'd have to buy a new program). Good job!

BTW, this thread is kind of old, so don't worry about stealing my thunder.

Back