• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Cheapest LA cities to film in?

I need to film some guys joy riding in a police car with flashing lights. No chance of stealing these shots without a permit. : (
Anyone had any recent experience filming around LA County? What are the cheapest incorporated cities to film in on their streets? Seems like Montebello is the cheapest at $139.00 per day + cops. Burbank is reasonable (Flat $500 for a week of street use) BUT their cops are $83.00 an hour. Ouch! To use UNincorporated LA cities (like Van Nuys, North Hollywood, etc) it's $758.00 for one day + cops + 312 per extra street used. OUCH! What's it like shooting in Bakersfield, Barstow or elsewhere? Any better or just as grim? No wonder everyone is leaving LA to shoot!!! It's highway robbery in this town. :no:

Does it need to be on city/urban streets, for the backgrounds?

If not, you could browse through CA's STAR listings and see if they have a building available with lots of exterior land. Something with suitably long paved roads or driveways included.

You'll still be paying $$ for State-employee supervision of some kind, but the location itself will cost nothing.

(What's available on STAR at any given time is pretty hit & miss. Just an idea.

And it didn't really answer your Q :D

I say go out of the Zone (40 miles withing downtown LA) and try Kern Co. which has Lancaster and Palmdale. I think we paid $250 for a month and no cops.

Scott

Back