cheap a$s shoulder mount for DSLR

yep, i have one.
its alright, kind of awkward, since one the pieces is laying on your chest. You have to hold your breath so the camera wont move lol

My whole video "Love Kills" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNqDX2VMGY) was shot while I was wearing it (we called it strap on haha).

Even though the quality of product looks very cheap, I had my t2i mounted on it, and it was pretty sturdy.

The GH2 has a great Electronic View Finder. The LCD is lower res. (oposite of the the t2i which NEEDS a loupe for the LCD.)

That said, I setup my GH2 to use a loupe just like that one and it "works" though the mounting frame might cause problems with closing the display.. I never use the Loupe.

What we NEED is a nice EYE CUP for the GH2.. somebody needs to make one of those soon..

The GH2 has a great Electronic View Finder. The LCD is lower res. (oposite of the the t2i which NEEDS a loupe for the LCD.)

That said, I setup my GH2 to use a loupe just like that one and it "works" though the mounting frame might cause problems with closing the display.. I never use the Loupe.

What we NEED is a nice EYE CUP for the GH2.. somebody needs to make one of those soon..

Amen to eye cup! And yes, the EVF is awesome but how is it working out trying to use the EVF with your shoulder mount? I'm thinking it'd be sketchy? What's your experience?

The cowboystudio shoulder rig arrived today. For $24 it's hella value. It's not bombproof, but it works extremely well. I like it so much that I started thinking I should invest in a high quality version of the same design. Even at 210mm you can hold it steady.

Ok, thanks. I guess they raised the price. It says its 36-something usd now but is eligible for free super saver shipping so i guess that would be the total price.

Have you done any tests we could see?

I've been reading the reviews on the cowboy shoulder mount we've been talking about and it seems to have broken down on a lot ppl. Literally fallen to pieces while filming and sending the camera falling to the ground.

This one is a little more expensive but it looks like its made of sturdier material. Has anyone used it or have any experience with it?

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-CXS-1-Shoulder-Stabilizer-Camcorders/dp/B004G9QRBM/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

That one looks sturdier for sure. I read up on the Cowboy before taking the plunge. It's not something a rental house would want to invest in. I read one guy's experience, he took it out of the box, tried to open it and snapped the handle off. So 30 seconds into ownership, he'd destroyed it. He gave it one star and said it sucked. Well now that I own one, I think that guy must be a complete moron. True, it's not a marvel of 21st century engineering, but it's not THAT flimsy, so I really have to question the common sense of the buyer. It's like a guy who buys a brand new car and starts it up for the first time and drives it into a tree and says "This car sucks." No, the car doesn't suck buddy, you're just a cement head. Basically the Cowboy Shoulder Mount is a cheap piece of plastic. If it falls apart on me, I'll be sure to update this thread, but the thing is pretty simple, I think a reasonable person should be able to use it for a few years. It does work well too. I will try to post some footy, not sure if I have posting privilege yet.

Back