Catfish

I don't mind if you tell me : I'm curious: How does it end? What is the last scene or how does it fade to credits? Is there a VO or does it just stop? Also, it says the lady CONTINUED even AFTER they visited her in Michigan. I bet she's still doing it on the internet. That's just wrong...

The guys find out her secret about an hour into the film and the last thirty minutes deals with them coaxing the secret out and her family. They spend a day or two with her and the family then they leave.

You're momma's so old, before God said, "Let there be light", He said, "Biaaatch, get your fat ass out the way!"

Oops, sorry, haven't seen this movie, but wanted to say thanks to you guys for using spoiler-tags, cuz this is one I look forward to seeing, and appearantly, I have no place in this conversation.

Thanks for telling me. How do you feel about what she did?

I feel good about it. That she got out of the way, I mean. Otherwise, we would have no light. I like light.

In fact, I love lamp.

P.S. To the mod whom it may concern, please consider that this is ROC and Nick, for criminy-sakes; they don't care that I derailed.

LOL Cracker Funk :) Is it weird that I am enthralled by this movie, Catfish? I feel kind of weird... But it's so interesting... It really makes you think. Plus, dunno why I put that with spoiler tags around it - but it's kinda cool. Like we're in a secret society.

No way, that's not weird -- I think this movie looks very interesting. AND, I'm well-aware that it's not a thriller, or whatever. I just wanna see this dude who's infatuated with this online relationship, and what the big surprise is. She's probably a 12-year-old boy, or something. Okay, I gotta bow out of this conversation, before I catch a glimpse of an actual spoiler that might ruin the movie for me.

getsmiley.php

Not intentionally trying to be a killjoy by bringing this back on topic, but I finally saw the movie. To tell the truth I was a little dissapointed. This is pretty much what I would have guessed at being the big reveal, and I was hoping that all the hype and secrecy would be leading up to something really unexpected and perverse. It was just a bored, lonely, mentally unhinged lady pretending to be a younger woman to snare a young guy- in England we just call her Iris Robinson (kudos to the Brits who get my lame joke.) Anyway, long story short, it was interesting and all but I'm not sure it was potent enough material for a feature documentary.

Back