Canon 7D, t2i, t3i - Which looks the most cinematic with the basic lens?

To me they all look very similar. I think Canon 5D has the best cinematic look. But Canon 7D and t2i or t3i look roughly the same. Though I might be wrong. With the basic lens that they give you in a kit (usually 18-55mm,) which one do you think has a video quality that looks more movie-like?

Wow thanks guys. I'm taking all your words and putting them to good use. Next time I post back in this thread I'll have some footage to show, that way we know all the good advice wasn't for naught. I'll be back with some specific quoted replies too.

Oh and I have to ask, what kind of external monitors are all you guys using? DP6?

what kind of external monitors are all you guys using? DP6?

Very recent thread about monitors, where mine gets lol'd at
smiley_colbert.gif

I know a dude who spent the extra money on the 7D, and has always regretted it. In a nutshell, the 7D has a number of features that makes it a much better camera for a professional photographer (still photography). For filmmakers, you're spending an awful lot for not much more.
Whenever I get asked why I chose the 60D over the 7D one of the explanations I give is that the 7D is more in my opinion a sports/wildlife photography camera that has video capabilities while the 60D is more focused on the DSLR filmmaker.

That's kinda what I was wondering on the sidelines here watching this conversation.
If you're gonna try to make anything approaching professional you pretty much HAVE TO use an ext. monitor.
Shooting using the on board 3" screen is tantamount to not using a tripod while also collecting all your audio with the onboard mic.
Puh-leeeeze!! Don't.

yeah about that onboard mic...my iPhone gets better audio...at the very least I would recommend the shoemount mics (Rode, Sennheiser, etc...)

From my limited understanding I believe that a 'higher end' dslr such as the 5D has a better dynamic range... Meaning that it has a broader light capturing range. As you know humans can see in extremely dark situations and very bright situations. So the 5d can record in lower light and brighter as opposed to a 7d or lower end model.

I think that's how it works and one of the main advantages of higher end dslrs

Back