Bummer Dude!!!

After setting up my Epson R220 printer, which isn't even in service for a month, I had a paper jam. When I removed the paper, something inside broke. Now the printer can no longer complete a self-test and print. I finished printing a copy of the script I'm working on with my old Epson 600 printer with not so good copy quality..

What a depressing episode!

A friend at work advised me to contact Epson about the printer. So I emailed them about what happened.

They replied saying that the printer is not under warranty and I can bring it to a service center and pay for the repair. Then, they sent me a survey today to fill out.

I informed them I will not pay for the repair of their lemon and I have older printers that have survived worse paper jams and if they don't replace their lemon free of charge, I will no longer do business with them. Their disposable printer design was disposed too quickly.

The Epson R220 is a lemon and becomes unusabble if it suffers a multi sheet paper jam. Any decent printer can survive a jam like that.

Sorry CF,

Go all "Office Space" is over my head. I don't get it. I have a Brother All-In-One" that I will take out of the box and set it up when time permits. Hopefully, it will last and last. The problem with an All-In-one is when one piece breaks, the whole unit is down.

In the movie office space, a disgruntled worker hates a certain printer that always says there's a jam when there isn't one and never works. So on the day he's fired, him and is friends steal it and in a sequence cut together with some gangsta' rap destroy it with a baseball bat. Pretty freakin hilarious haha.

CF is saying that you should take it out into the field, put it on the ground, roll up your sleeves and take a baseball bat to it.

I think it best to shelf it in the box of the new machine for a month to see if the bad survey wakes up Epson. Then, if they do nothing, give it to the building super to trash. What a waste, I bought too many extra ink cartridges and printable DVDs for this to happen.

In my younger days I might have brought it out to a field to smash.

Right now, I need something to print scripts as I and revising one and conceptual art. I have an investor interested in pitching in some hard cash for my production next year. He loves my cyborg characters from I, Creator and wants to even pay to bring an actress / model from Los Angeles in for one of the new cyborg villain roles on top of match funding what I put into it. Conceptual art works. I showed him what we have in mind for I, Creator 2 and he wants in. He likes the work of the DP who will be joining us next year. The investor was also impressed to hear I have a Special Forces guy who left the military joining the production as a Special Forces and Military advisor who will train the cast in weapons and tactics.

He loves the look of the cyborgs from I, Creator the original movie. However, they will look darker and more ominous this time around. Their costume are getting a few upgrades.

A former director of development recommended putting together a "Look Book" for investors. And, an editor who worked on the first Matrix movie recommended that I have conceptual art for a science fiction production so that everyone is on the same page for the look of the production. Tim Burton and James Cameron work that way too.

So far, that's working out.

Cool video Sonnyboo.

Last edited:
Back