Budget? 2 min Parkour spot.

1st thing, damn, my premier account ran out lol.. gonna have to re-up. :D

Need some sage advice. Small but awesome and growing company wants to do a viral video attempt (similar to Parkour). I pitched a solid idea 2mins or so, three actors, one location, one camera, (probably more), energetic edits, dynamic speeds, twixor, big soft box from above, and a music license. A month of training, two days of shooting, four days of editing, one day of motion graphics. 5k-10k'ish.

I've done shoe string and freebies.. and I know how long it takes to do it well. I'm also testing if they are really serious. What are you guys bidding and getting on this size of a job?

Be BOLD!

Creative Billing rule of thumb…

If they say how much

You say ten

If they don’t flinch

You say thousand

If they don’t flinch

You say per hour

If they still don’t flinch

You say per guy.

Whats the training for?

Be BOLD!

Creative Billing rule of thumb…

If they say how much

You say ten

If they don’t flinch

You say thousand

If they don’t flinch

You say per hour

If they still don’t flinch

You say per guy.

Whats the training for?

Haha, that sounds an awful like something I read in an article the other day... hmmm...

Yeah, working for low budget stuff has it's time and it's place: It's your project, it's something you're emotionally tied to or invested in, it's charitable, it's a favor for someone close or a past recurring well paying client.

If it's some random guys you met for the first time and you're not going to walk away with anything really beneficial from it, no sense breaking your back for free.

Yeah, it's something that could go mildly wide in views.. 50k, ish. I like the work/subject so it could be fun even in a low budget way. There is a hole in the market for this particular project and could lead to more work. .. they came back, and the budget will come in low'ish I think.. but enough to cover equipment, gas, food, and a day or two of editing. It's not going to be rich, but it could pay the bills and set me up for bigger next time... hahaha, which is said a million times every day right? phhht..

I think almost nobody will pay for impressions, rather clickthroughs on the ads in the video.

You could google "buy YouTube views" and get an idea on how much it costs for you to buy views that promise they aren't from a bot haha.

I think almost nobody will pay for impressions, rather clickthroughs on the ads in the video.

You could google "buy YouTube views" and get an idea on how much it costs for you to buy views that promise they aren't from a bot haha.

Fugn bots.

Yeah I looked into the variants of ads in Ytube, kinda cool. Some day, I would rather go straight to the source, and offer a sliding rate that matched impressions to the clients specific video if possible.. It would give me more impetus to build my own network, and be able to put that network to use for 'real' views. Many of my clients do not have decent yTube networks, and it holds them back from realizing the full potential of their projects.

Back