Books on Filmmaking

Hey there,
Does anyone know of some good books about filmmaking and the related topics (directing, cinematography etc.) ?
Cheers

"Rebel Without A Crew"

I've heard about this book reccently, I have a sudden interest in Robert Rodriguez just because I loved Sin City so much (which of his other films should I check out if anyone knows of any? ^_^)
Anyway, a lot of stuff I've read about it says it's a brilliant book for first time filmmakers and has good filmmaking advice and the like. Just wondering if anyone here has read it and if they think that too because I'm wondering if it's worth getting

A book costs 15bucks. Anyone can afford a book in theory, so I'd say the number of good reviews make it worth getting. You can't loose much out of it and if you don't like it, sell it second hand on amazon.

Film Book to Read

Hey there,
Does anyone know of some good books about filmmaking and the related topics (directing, cinematography etc.) ?
Cheers

Well I have read many film books, one that comes to mind and it's right here on my desk is Surviving Production: The Art of Production Management for Film and Television by Deborah S. Patz

Nigel Parkinson, Jr.
Producer/Filmmaker

Thank you guys who started this topic and who brought the old threads

After reading other members' opinions, I have purchased:

1. Directing: Film Techniques and Aesthetics
2. The guerilla Film makers pocketbook
3. the guerilla film makers movie blueprint
4. Digital Video Secrets: What the Pros Know and the Manuals Don't Tell You
5. Cinematography - Theory and Practice by Blain Brown
6. Digital Cinematography & Directing by Dan Ablan
7. Film Directing Fundamentals, SeeYour Film Before Shooting
8. Filming the Fantastic Visual Effects Cinematography
9. Grammer of shot
10. Grammer of Edit
11. Lighting for Digital Video and Television By John Jackman
12. Placing shadows lighting techniques
13. the Fim Maker's Eye
14. The complete film production handbook
15. Direct your own movie

I have just finished reading first 2 of these :( damn man, still need to read a lot.. :(

Back