Blu Ray Burner?

I think I remember reading a similar thread a while ago, but I can't remember.

I have been considering buying a blu ray burner. Thinking external cause then I can move it around different computers, and I'll be off to college in about two years anyway (in case I use it beyond that).
I know that they haven't been around for the longest time, and it seems there have been many problems with these drives. I was just wondering if there are good enough ones out there, or if waiting a while would be better because they'll improve the drives in the future.

I would just wait for the price to drop. Hell the blanks alone are about 2-5 bucks a pop depending on the size of the disk itself. To me that's just to much money for something like that.

SonnyBoo had a thread about this, a few months back. He was having issues with compatability, too.

Maybe something useful in that thread? I never checked to see if he eventually found a suitable/reliable burner.

We bought an LG burner for $129, and I'm currently getting blank discs for $1 each.

Compatibility is a problem with older Blu Ray players only. The initial 2 years had a specific block to BD-R media because they were trying to sell the studios on anti-piracy. Pretty much taking a blank disc to Best Buy will result in 100% compatibility with new set top blu ray players.

It's not an exact science, but neither was DVD-R initially.

re

We bought an LG burner for $129, and I'm currently getting blank discs for $1 each.

Compatibility is a problem with older Blu Ray players only. The initial 2 years had a specific block to BD-R media because they were trying to sell the studios on anti-piracy. Pretty much taking a blank disc to Best Buy will result in 100% compatibility with new set top blu ray players.

It's not an exact science, but neither was DVD-R initially.

IC. We just got a blu ray just a few months ago, so I'm assuming that would work.

Do you think I would have less issues because of having latest stuff? Would it help and make it worth the buy now?

WARNING!

Do you think I would have less issues because of having latest stuff? Would it help and make it worth the buy now?

It will almost guaranteed work in your newer Blu Ray Player. You can always check online for compatibility with BD-R or BD-RE media.

Is it worth it? Maybe. The format has NOT taken off the way Sony hoped. I think the HD-DVD vs. BLU RAY war took it's toll on consumers, especially when the economy tanked worldwide immediately after, plus Sony kept the prices jacked up so high for so long after "winning". To REPLICATE Blu Rays, there are still enormous fees that prevent an indie from taking advantage of the format, where it costs several dollars PER DISC to pay Sony, so there's no way that corporations and small businesses can find it feasible to use the format in short runs. Also, the software media players for HD are taking a solid hold.

There's a chance BLU RAY might die out too. Then again it might not. Who knows? We got one because I want my HD and RED footage on a disc that can show it off in more the style it deserves, and I waited until now when things got cheap enough.

Back