• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Blood Brothers a student film

Well here is the first short of mine I feel is worthy to post on this forum. Its a school project that had 3 requirements. Montage, voice over, and a POV shot. I am still new to film making I have only made 4 films this quarter and haven't worked with a camera much prior to this class. Also I am not sure why but for some reason when I uploaded my video to youtube it got significantly darker. Either way enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkDfgBQoZE *edit* also I still hate AVID even though I am slowly getting used to it.

It was pretty good. A bit dark on the lighting. I understand they are ninja and all but we want to see them fight. :) As far as the stroy, it was simple and to the point but sufficient. You spent roughly 2 minutes on the training and 1.5 on the fight itself but nothing on the characters trying to find a resolution to the problem. They are life long friends, but at the drop of a hat they are ready to kill each other?? I think it was a nice attemp.

Thanks for the comment. Believe or not the actual footage isn't as dark as it appears on youtube. For some reason when I uploade the footage everything turns dark. When we screened it in class though straight from the DV tape it looked fine however. Also the tricky thing was getting all my friends together at the same time to actually film it. I wanted the fight sequence to be longer though. I was trying to channel 1970s martial arts films.

shoot bro? you're from columbus?
i'm from cleveland myself.

i didnt think they had film at ohio state/columbus state.

are you at CCAD?

I think you did have the 70's effect. And I completely understand about getting people together. That's weird about youtube??

I think you did have the 70's effect. And I completely understand about getting people together. That's weird about youtube??

Yeah none of my other youtube videos did this just this one. I'm not sure if it has something to do with with the codec I used or what. Also truestar Ohio STate has a film studies program. My focus area though is film production. The major is only three years old so its still in it's infancy, has a lot of flaws and is more focused on the study of film than actual production.

Back