Better late than never

Hey guys, This is Mahdy from UK. I have been here since last week.
made some posts, did some reply..kinda like this forum..so, its time to introduce with u guys..

I am studying in Business Management..this is my last semester fortunately..(yaak, studying in business is so boring)

About me!!...I am u can say passionate about film-making..I used to write poems years back..Now I am trying to develop skills in writing script..apart from that, I am doing self-study in cinematography and editing..well, I have a bit knowledge about music as I was close to couple of bands (i think it will help me using sounds in my films)..

right now, I am working on a documentary...have just done 90% paper-works..now time to interview them..

oh..forgot to mention that I am quite interested in acting as well.. recently worked in an advert..

Regards

Last edited:
Learn how to get money for productions. I'm not sure who said: "The real art in filmmaking is producing."

No money, no movie.

Secondly, work with people (writers in particular) who understand story. Unless you can structure your content to reel in people so that they have to keep watching, you're doomed.

Now, about pitching:

"it's about the International students life in the uk...doc involves 3 major parts: study, work and culture.. "

Does that description make anyone want to watch it?

Who's struggling with something?
Who's overcoming something?
Who's doing something unusual?
What's the hook?
Where's the action?
Where's the sex?
Come on! You gotta give me something. I don't need to see a doc about generic students. I see hundreds of them, all the time. Most aren't that interesting, by the way.

Sweet!! I'm new here as well!

I'm not new to film making however, and I've scene independant film making change from 16mm FILM to DV to HD, and it's all wonderful.

I recommend shooting everything, and Edit everything find a visual style. Believe it or not editing is key to becoming a good film maker.

Learn how to get money for productions. I'm not sure who said: "The real art in filmmaking is producing."

No money, no movie.

u r quite right.. what I am thinking is to make something own so that I have something to show when i talk to the producers/production houses.. So, I'm planning to make at least 1 doc n 1 short film..

Secondly, work with people (writers in particular) who understand story. Unless you can structure your content to reel in people so that they have to keep watching, you're doomed.

I don't know any other writer personally..I met some writers in some other forums..but most of them had real ego problems..& i hate that..sorry..
but I really want to work with writers..

Now, about pitching:

"it's about the International students life in the uk...doc involves 3 major parts: study, work and culture.. "

Does that description make anyone want to watch it?

Who's struggling with something?
Who's overcoming something?
Who's doing something unusual?
What's the hook?
Where's the action?
Where's the sex?
Come on! You gotta give me something. I don't need to see a doc about generic students. I see hundreds of them, all the time. Most aren't that interesting, by the way

Who told u I tried to promote my doc here?? :hmm: .. he just ask me about it, & I answered that..:)

I am trying to give something..I believe I definitely will.. :)

Sweet!! I'm new here as well!

I'm not new to film making however, and I've scene independant film making change from 16mm FILM to DV to HD, and it's all wonderful.

I recommend shooting everything, and Edit everything find a visual style. Believe it or not editing is key to becoming a good film maker.

exactly..lemme tell u something.. grab a WONDERFUL story, Robert De Niro and an experienced editor...
get 5 cameras with 5 amateur cinematographers..u will do the business..:lol: ...

just kidding...:)...but its true..

Back