Best file size and format for a 7 minute mobile film?

What's the best format and file size for 3G and Iphone users?

I just use an old mobile so I have no idea about this market.

I want to put an 8 minute clip in the best format for it to be spread in a group. I suppose it can't be too big.

What's the maximum file size that Iphone and 3G users comfortably send to each other?

Any other tips for quality?

Thx if you can help.

Just got an ipod touch (1st gen 2nd hand) it has a youtube app, so I can pay youtube videos just fine. I also used Handbrake to encode a movie file (ipod setting) and that worked good. I could not play normal video files, or rather, I coulndt figure out how to get files ON the device without using Itunes, and itunes said that device could not playback my video file..

Id imagine youtube links would be easiest\most portable. Or, encode your file to play on ipod (QT pro can do this too I think) and host it somewhere on the net and let folks download it. I still don't know how that works though.. sorry..

I guess the technology is still fairly new and there's still a few format wars going on... No one's decided the absolute best way. Do Iphone users prefer to download it themselves or go on youtube? I just don't know.

I guess I can try a few test dloads and see what works best. Handbrake can encode for the web so we'll see. No rush.

Thanks IndieBudget, I have that link saved now for future reference.

Back