• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Best editing system

I have vegas right now, and with my panasonic tm-900 vegas renders it in less quality. Do you guys know what editing system will render a video to look like a real film instead of home videos. Of course with a better DSLR Camera

I have vegas right now, and with my panasonic tm-900 vegas renders it in less quality. Do you guys know what editing system will render a video to look like a real film instead of home videos. Of course with a better DSLR Camera

I hate to say it, but the rendering isn't what makes your
video look like a real film. Good lighting and framing makes
a huge difference. With what you have right now you can
make you video look more like a real film with better lighting.
And surprisingly, better audio goes a long way to making
you movie look like a real film instead of home videos. Not
frame-by-frame, shot-by-shot, the the over all feel of your
movies.

First, can you tell me what the best flavor of ice cream is, or the best car, or best TV show?

You're asking a vague, subjective question that does not have an answer that fits your wants and needs specifically.

Use what you master...I use Cinelerrra and am planning on playing w/ Blender. Scorsese uses Lightworks,( Lightworks has been used to cut very high-profile Hollywood features by high profile editors such as Martin Scorsese’s prime collaborator Thelma Schumacher. ) most everyone else uses Adobe products. It's NOT the software, but the artist that counts. IMO

a $100,000 camera in the hands of a hack is no better than a $400 cam in the hands of a master. Just sayin....

Last edited:
Use what you master...I use Cinelerrra and am planning on playing w/ Blender. Scorsese uses Lightworks,( Lightworks has been used to cut very high-profile Hollywood features by high profile editors such as Martin Scorsese’s prime collaborator Thelma Schumacher. ) most everyone else uses Adobe products. It's NOT the software, but the artist that counts. IMO

a $100,000 camera in the hands of a hack is no better than a $400 cam in the hands of a master. Just sayin....

AGREED!:yes:

Back