Best comedy for a rainy day indoors?

The moment in Kung Pow where the old man nods his head and says 'No' had me in stitches. Why did everyone hate that film? :lol:

I love that movie, start to finish. It is, however, a really, really REALLY actively stupid movie. I definitely understand people not liking it.

"oh THAT'S what he meant, stars ABOVE!"

Not only R D...
How about "The prophet" Or "The piano teacher"
And so many other...

I must say that in all my years covering scripts I have never
run across a writer imitating Bidegain and Audiard or Haneke.
I don't know that I have ever met a writer who could even tell
me who wrote "The Profit" or "The Piano Teacher"

But I still read scripts imitating "Reservoir Dogs".

But I still read scripts imitating "Reservoir Dogs".

Mr. Black??

Tarantino was IT for me when I was 16-23ish but now I find his stuff, i don't know....bleh?? Bastards was cool cause of the Jew Hunter. But the other stuff I've checked out like Kill Bill, really didn't dig on it. I guess I agree.:)

Stumbled across this oldie but a goody on TV yesterday. This gave me a lot of good laughs as a kid.

Top Secret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgp7FaA0dms

In memory of Leslie Nielsen:
- The naked gun movies
- The police squad "series" (those few episodes)

Tarantino was IT for me when I was 16-23ish but now I find his stuff, i don't know....bleh?? Bastards was cool cause of the Jew Hunter. But the other stuff I've checked out like Kill Bill, really didn't dig on it. I guess I agree.:)
Well, I think his first movies (Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown) are still OK. Not my favourites, but entertaining if you are in the right mood. Kill Bill was a bit too long and Death Proof was just boring. Inglorious Basterds is fun, what could be related to my nationality. It's cool how they change from French, to German, to English and so on.

The only Tarantino feature I enjoy rewatching is Jackie Brown.

"That shit will rob you of your ambition."

"Not if your ambition is to smoke pot and watch tv."

Le diner des cons (ugh, badly remade)
Tenue de soiree
La cage aux folles (the remake wasn't great)
Le placard (probably badly remade by someone)

Borat - genius, just genius. Bruno was excellent as well but Borat was the business

Four Weddings and a Funeral
The Life of Brian
The Producers (original version - genius)
A Fish Called Wanda

And I laughed my way through the film called 'The Tree' about a killer tree but apparently it was supposed to be a horror movie. When the tree took on a chainsaw, wielding biker gang and beat them up, there were people crying with laughter in the cinema. There just aren't films as bad as that anymore, unfortunately...

And I laughed my way through the film called 'The Tree' about a killer tree but apparently it was supposed to be a horror movie. When the tree took on a chainsaw, wielding biker gang and beat them up, there were people crying with laughter in the cinema. There just aren't films as bad as that anymore, unfortunately...

Dear god I need to see this! For laughs, I'd rather watch a bad horror film than a good comedy any day out of the week!

Dear god I need to see this! For laughs, I'd rather watch a bad horror film than a good comedy any day out of the week!

Apologies - the correct name was 'The Guardian.' - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1028564-guardian/ - one of the reviewers describes it as 'absolutely hysterical' and the movie was lucky to get 14% on Rotten Tomatoes.

It made number 3 on this list of 'most ridiculous horror films of all time' being narrowly beaten by a killer lamp. - http://www.avclub.com/articles/night-of-the-killer-lamp-23-ridiculous-horrormovie,2071/ - this is impressive because it beat the killer vending machine (Maximum Overdrive), Frogs and Night of the Lepus about erm, murderous bunny rabbits...

Hell, I don't have particularly high standards. I even liked the film in the 80s about a Kung Fu alien duck (Howard). However, there is nothing like a really terrible 1980s horror movie.

Back