Best comedy for a rainy day indoors?

Anyone in northern NJ knows that it's been raining nonstop for the past few days. I spent the whole time watching some of my favorite comedies like My Cousin Vinny, White Men Can't Jump, Role Models...etc. What're some good comedies you guys are into? Could be new or old

Being There

Stripes

You Can't Take It With You

Dr. Strangelove

The Sting

Groundhog Day

My Man Godfrey

Harvey

Blazing Saddles

Animal House

Caddyshack

This is Spinal Tap

The Philadelphia Story

Spaceballs

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Arsenic and Old Lace

Something About Harry

The Princess Bride

Back To School

M*A*S*H

American Graffiti

The Big Lebowski

Small Time Crooks

Love & Death

Whatever Works

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Hollywood Ending

Little Miss Sunshine

In addition to movies, you should watch all the seasons of Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. The FUNNIEST three shows in the history of television (and I've seen Cheers, Frasier, Becker, Taxi, I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore)

The Big Lebowski

Small Time Crooks

Love & Death

Whatever Works

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Hollywood Ending

Little Miss Sunshine

In addition to movies, you should watch all the seasons of Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. The FUNNIEST three shows in the history of television (and I've seen Cheers, Frasier, Becker, Taxi, I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore)

best list so far i love everything you just posted. Besides the classic ones at the end i'm not too big on oldies

+1 Always sunny, damn thats some good TV.

I liked Tropic Thunder, but National Lampoon's Vacation is my go to comedy, and MP Holy Grail.

And Ijust watched it the other day, kinda funny cuz I was into MacGyver...McGruber. "I gotta go to the bathroom" "Uh oh number one or number 2?!" "Number none of your business" "thatttss a number twoo!"

Some weird ones that I enjoyed: Nothing But Trouble, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist and one of my all time favorites, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra!

Some weird ones that I enjoyed: Nothing But Trouble, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist and one of my all time favorites, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra!

The moment in Kung Pow where the old man nods his head and says 'No' had me in stitches. Why did everyone hate that film? :lol:

Won't it be weird when in like 15 years a movie such as Pineapple Express or Role models would be considered old

It'd be even weirder if people considered them to be good...

Won't it be weird when in like 15 years a movie such as Pineapple Express or Role models would be considered old
Yep. It's going to happen to you.

The films I grew up with, the ones I consider the "best" comedies for
a rainy day are "old" to you. It won't be too long before your best
comedies for a rainy day will be considered old and some younger
person won't even want to look at them.

But I gotta tell you; I'll be glad when the 20 year old "Reservoir Dogs"
finally gets on the "old" list and new writers stop imitating it.

Back