Best Actor of all time!? / Independant films

My personal favortie actors of all time are; Al pacino ("That man, should go right to FUCKING JAIL" :lol: "Fredo, I know it was you, Fredo. And you broke my heart.")

Robert Deniro ("You talkin' to me? I'm the only one here, so you must be talking to me.")

Marlon Brando ("I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contender, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it" "I'll give him an offer he cant refuse.")

These are only some of my favorite actors. I also enjoy....
*Dustin Hoffman
*Jack Nicholson
*Tom Hanks
*Charles Chaplin

And I think the reasons why are not argueable. What are your Fav's and why?

And what makes and independant film? What is the best independant films of all time. A top ten list if you can.

I have many fav actors from older movies, but I feel like putting up more recent ones :D

Daniel Day Lewis ("There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!") -- He's given one of the best performances I've ever seen.

(don't laugh at me for the next one)

Brad Pitt ("Bon-jar-no") -- I think he does a very good job with everything they throw at him, from lazy stoner (True Romance) to savvy theif (Oceans 11,12,13) to Jewish lieutenant (Inglourious Basterds)

Leonardo DiCaprio ("Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?") --I think he's grown up to become a great actor.

What makes an independent movie to me is pretty much the budget and the media buzz the film has. It can have some huuuuge actors, but they might have done it for free and the whole movie cost 2m, that's still independent in my book.

I don't know if I can think of a set top 10. Here are some of a few of my favorites, in no particular order.

Reservoir Dogs - Quentin Tarantino
(again, don't laugh at me please)
(500) Days of summer - Mark Webb
Donnie Darko - Richard Kelly
City of God - Fernando Meirelles/Kátia Lund
Being John Malkovich - Spike Jonze
Y Tu Mamá También - Alfonso Cuarón
Clerks - Kevin Smith

That's all I can think of right now. :pop:

You say independent? None of these actors are 'independent' film actors. My favorite indie film actors are Jeff Dylan Graham and Jessica Webb.

As far as other name actors:

* Gary Oldman
* Daniel Day Lewis

* Tilda Swinton
* Meryl Streep

Brando, Pacino and Deniro are my favs as well

and others mentioned r wat i call great actors

but i do think we forget Kenneth Branagh a lot of the time. and he's as good as Oldman and Lewis if not better

Giovanni Ribisi.

Barry Pepper.

Wallace Shawn.

Stanley Tucci.

Karen Black.

Those are off the top of my head from independent films.

But for best actor of all time?

Wow.

Dunno how you could judge that.

Possibly Paul Newman would be on the list.

Wow I'm stumped..

Last edited:
Back