news Bender Is Back in the Third Revival of ‘Futurama’ — Watch the Trailer

“Futurama” is coming back in the very near future.

Season 11 of the beloved Emmy-winning adult animated series debuts on Hulu after 10 years off the air. “Futurama” premiered in 1999 and was later canceled in 2003. The show later returned in four TV movies from 2008 to 2009, which were split into episodes and count as individual seasons. Comedy Central revived the show in 2010 before it was canceled in 2013.

After a brief 10-year hiatus, “Futurama” has crawled triumphantly from the cryogenic tube, its full original cast and satirical spirit intact. The 10 all-new episodes of Season 11 have something for everyone. New viewers will be able to pick up the series from here, while long-time fans will recognize payoffs to decades-long mysteries – including developments in the epic love story of Fry and Leela, the mysterious contents of Nibbler’s litter box, the secret history of evil Robot Santa, and the whereabouts of Kif and Amy’s tadpoles. Meanwhile, there’s a whole new pandemic in town as the crew explores the future of vaccines, bitcoin, cancel culture, and streaming TV.

The Hulu deal has a 20-episode order for 2023, with Season 12 shortly following Season 11.

“Futurama” centers on Philip J. Fry (Billy West), a New York City pizza delivery boy, who accidentally freezes himself in 1999 and gets defrosted in the year 3000. In this New New York, Philip befriends hard-drinking robot Bender (John DiMaggio), and falls in love with cyclops Leela (Katey Sagal). The trio find work at the Planet Express Delivery Company, founded by Fry’s doddering descendant, Professor Hubert Farnsworth. Together with accountant Hermes Conrad, assistant Amy Wong, and alien lobster Dr. John Zoidberg, they embark on thrilling adventures that take them to every corner of the universe

Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche, Lauren Tom, Phil LaMarr, and David Herman also star.

“Futurama” hails from Matt Groening, one of the creators of “The Simpsons.” The series was developed by Groening and David X. Cohen, with both executive-producing alongside Ken Keeler and Claudia Katz.

“Futurama” Season 11 premieres July 24 on Hulu. Check out the trailer below.

I'm down for the remake but you need some new catch phrases other than Fun on a Bun.
Even Bart simpson abandoned 'dont have a cow man' shit got tired.

Meanwhile, there’s a whole new pandemic in town as the crew explores the future of vaccines

Oh... nevermind. It sounds really shitty

Last edited:
I almost dressed as Zapp Brannigan last year.. I have the legs for it for sure, I'd be the sexiest Zapp I've ever seen, if i do say so myself lol
It's basically just a dress and I can rock the hell out of a dress.

I ordered a Zapp constume and it didn't breathe at all and it was tight and triggered this panicked claustropic reaction from me, I've never hated a garment so much. Maybe I'll try ordering a different version or making my own.

Hmm the baltimore convention Otakon is in one month.
That's enough time, but I'm pretty busy right now. Then again with futurama coming back NOW would be the time to do it

Last edited:
find 4 other people

Animated GIF

Me 5 hours later thinking about getting custom made white leather boots from istanbul

Temptation Island Boat GIF by RTL

karaoke GIF

Last edited:
do you think Zapp wears man boots or women boots?

edit: doesn't matter, the boots got lost in the mail, had to improvise.

Last edited:
I won't subject you guys to a full body pic w/ legs and belly but I totally NAILED IT - people were cracking up at the sight of me.

Damn that picture doesn't do the Pauldrons justice at all
There were some enormous reactions I got from some of the crowd, I was actually a little surprised just how beloved the character was.

I modified this dress with a COWL neck and turned it into the popped collar, wow that took a lot of learning and work and time!!
(because of the stretchy rayon material -- it was a challenge to work with)

Nobody mentioned or noticed the neck which was probably a good thing, since I screwed it up a bit, slightly off center, and the seams aren't in the right places or even symmetrical lol. Fun times though so I thought I'd share.

I was really proud of the Pauldrons/Shoulders that I made but if i redo it I'll definitely use some wiring next time.

Last edited:
You've won this convention already! The rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
One group asked me for a Zapp quote 😄

I told them I couldn't think of any cause I have a VERY sexy learning disability called sexlexia

Edit: Also forgot to add, with the dress on you could clearly see the outline of .. ahem.. so I did a drag queen tuck and it made the outfit even more hilarious that i didnt have a dick

Last edited:
Back