Bad Boy Bubby

I just felt disgusted by it. I understand the point and the questions it was raising, but I just couldn't stomach it.
It's been a while since I've seen it, so the only example I can give is the one that really stuck with me and that is all the scenes with those poor cats. I don't even understand how that was legal. Cruelty for entertainment is still cruelty.
I just didn't find it compelling or engaging, I didn't connect with the characters, I thought they were all despicable human beings.
I guess I'd have to watch it again to give you a better answer, but I'd really rather not, so we'll have to stick with I thought it was sick.
Sorry.

I just didn't find it compelling or engaging, I didn't connect with the characters, I thought they were all despicable human beings.

I find that to be a rather interesting juxtaposition.

It sounds like the character(s) in the film (I have not seen it) had quite an impact, whether acknowledged or not.

How do you mean? Yes, they had an impact, the whole movie did, but not because I felt I could relate to it, or because it interested me. Perhaps it was engaging in that it held my attention. Much in the same way as a horrible car wreck would hold it. Does that make sense? I know what I'm trying to say dammit :P

Ha well anyway, some interesting facts about the movie, the main characters sound was recorded through microphones in the wig they had on him, that sat just above his ears, so to give the viewer more of a character perspective. And also once the characters escapes his house he encounters 31 different scenes, 31 different DOP's were used to shoot this, obviously one each scene, with either one allowed to see any of the others work.

Wow, well there you go. I didn't know any of that, thanks for sharing :) The way some movies are made is very interesting, and some film makers are so unique in their thinking and their actions. Very *well how bout that face* :)

Back