• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Bad Blood Trailer

First Bad Blood Trailer. Just made this in an hour and a half with imovie to meet a deadline. Before finishing up the entire movie I will be releasing another trailer. I'll be able to invest more time into the next one but I'm happy with how this turned out for the most part. Please let me know what you think. This is my first real shot at directing and editing so all the advice possible is welcome. Thank you guys/gals.

EDIT: Fixed the link. Last time I try and use facebook for that...

https://vimeo.com/42611172

Last edited:
Link says the following:

This content is currently unavailable.

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

smiley_mystery.gif

It's up now.

Music's a bit over the top.
Otherwise, hanging hooters and the very first line of sparse dialog is "She's f**king dead, can-- " you can't go wrong with, storywise.

The trailer needs more action shots in it.
Less bloody teddy bear and coverage of the campground.

GL!

The trailer needs more action shots in it.
Less bloody teddy bear and coverage of the campground.

GL!

Yeah I agree completely. I had to meet a deadline for today so I could only make the trailer with what I had already shot. I still have another third of the actual movie to shoot so a lot of the action hasn't even been shot yet.

I used a sony hxr mc2000u with a standard lens. Yeah, like I said I tried the best I could with the few shots I had. Next week I'll have the second trailer released a week so ahead of the movie itself.

Looks interesting to start. If I could toss a quick suggestion out there: Since you're using a stock lens on a camcorder, try zooming in all the way. It'll create a more shallow depth of field, especially on closeups. That'll give it a more "filmic" look.
Have fun!
-Matt

Back