Awesome editing contest.

Why yes, I think I would like very much to go to the red carpet premiere of "Dark Knight Rises". So much so, that I honestly debated myself on whether or not I should share this awesome contest with any potential competitors. But then I thought maybe good karma might help, or something. Anyway, anyone who considers themselves an editor should check this link out:

http://www.importedfromgothamcity.com/

Thanks for the heads up, CF - +100 karma points for you...

Don't know if I'll be able to find time, but looks interesting.

gelder

This is some pretty clever viral marketing, by the way.

I don't think they give a damn what kind of commercial we make. They have very reliable people they can hire for this kind of stuff, and the turnaround would be much faster.

No, this is all about taking advantage of social media. Everyone who makes one of these commercials will post it on their facebook, begging for votes, thereby getting every one of their friends to view a "Dark Knight/Chrysler" commercial. All this for just a few thousand dollars in prizes (most of which they probably get for near-free, with trades).

Oh well, F-it! I don't mind selling-out. I wanna go to the premiere! :D

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if I will end up entering the contest or not, but I do want to download the clips to try my hand at editing a commercial.

I downloaded all the files, and I downloaded lightworks-- but I can't import any of the files. Every time I try, I get an error message that says "Format Unlicensed." Stupid newbie me can't even load the free clips.

It's in the official rules. You can vote once each day (and get all of your friends to vote once each day) after Chrysler has vetted your entry. Then Nolan and company select based on the top vote getters

Well what a pain in the ass. I can't import the some of the clips because my editor requires them to be more than one second long. So many extremely short clips.

Also, is there any way to remove the watermark? Or do they want that there?

You need new software, that1guy! And those extremely short clips are there for reason -- Dark Chrysler wants you to keep your edit snappy. And yes, they want the watermark there.

On a side-note, I gotta say that the music for the trailer is F-ing brilliant. It's one thing watching it in the context of the trailer. But I got a whole new appreciation for it by being able to listen to it by itself (and each track by itself), then watching the trailer, then listening to just music again. Wow!

Anyway, y'all better get your butts movin'! This ain't something you can do last-second.

ththWhipping_Emoticon.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if I will end up entering the contest or not, but I do want to download the clips to try my hand at editing a commercial.

I downloaded all the files, and I downloaded lightworks-- but I can't import any of the files. Every time I try, I get an error message that says "Format Unlicensed." Stupid newbie me can't even load the free clips.

Figured it out. The $60 version includes the H.264 codec. :blush:

The free version of Lightworks doesn't support the H.264 without transcoding. I still am having problems with the audio, though I think it must be a limitation of my ancient computer.

This is some pretty clever viral marketing, by the way.

I don't think they give a damn what kind of commercial we make. They have very reliable people they can hire for this kind of stuff, and the turnaround would be much faster.

No, this is all about taking advantage of social media. Everyone who makes one of these commercials will post it on their facebook, begging for votes, thereby getting every one of their friends to view a "Dark Knight/Chrysler" commercial. All this for just a few thousand dollars in prizes (most of which they probably get for near-free, with trades).

Oh well, F-it! I don't mind selling-out. I wanna go to the premiere! :D

Shhhhhhhhhhh. You don't want them adding you to their blacklist! One of the dangers of speaking your mind on the social media. :yes:

You need new software, that1guy! And those extremely short clips are there for reason -- Dark Chrysler wants you to keep your edit snappy. And yes, they want the watermark there.

ththWhipping_Emoticon.gif

Cool thanks. Haha yeah I sure do. And a new computer too! But I'm just doing this for practice, I don't expect to win anything.

Back