AT AT Afternoon

That was pretty fircken sweet. But i have some questions. What is rotoscoping and how can i use it. I have mocha and iv watched a few tutorials but im still confused.

That was pretty fircken sweet. But i have some questions. What is rotoscoping and how can i use it. I have mocha and iv watched a few tutorials but im still confused.

Rotoscoping is the manual labor of adding or changing anything to each frame, one at a time. The name comes from the olden days when people would paint on actual film. Today the term is used to explain the craft done digitally.

In the 2nd video, you can see the director hand painting out the 2nd dog and making it a clean "plate", meaning empty shot where he can insert his animated replacement.

In After Effects and Photoshop, you can use something called the CLONE TOOL to select pixels from the surrounding area and basically erase things. In this case, the director rotoscoped out himself hand animating the toy. He took frames from after he walked out of frame to replace the areas where he was standing or sitting. Quite an ingenius little trick.

Rotoscoping is the manual labor of adding or changing anything to each frame, one at a time. The name comes from the olden days when people would paint on actual film. Today the term is used to explain the craft done digitally.

In the 2nd video, you can see the director hand painting out the 2nd dog and making it a clean "plate", meaning empty shot where he can insert his animated replacement.

In After Effects and Photoshop, you can use something called the CLONE TOOL to select pixels from the surrounding area and basically erase things. In this case, the director rotoscoped out himself hand animating the toy. He took frames from after he walked out of frame to replace the areas where he was standing or sitting. Quite an ingenius little trick.

Thats pretty sweet. If you can do all this in after effects, whats the use of adobe mocha?

I really want to try something like this, His work is inspiring...

Have you seen the Iron baby and the Transformers animations there amazing!

Back