Aspiring filmmaker

Hello all!

I'm an aspiring filmmaker from Saskatoon, SK, Canada. I've been working on a script for two years now, that I think is ready and that I want to create myself. I've been reading a ton of about cameras, lenses, audio equipment, lighting, etc. lately. I think I'm going to pick up a t3i and some lenses this week and begin playing around, getting accustomed to the camera, lighting, all that stuff.

Any advice on lenses that I should start with for the t3i? Budget isn't really an issue.

A lot of great film and smart people here, I've learned a lot already from reading.

Hello all!

I'm an aspiring filmmaker from Saskatoon, SK, Canada. I've been working on a script for two years now, that I think is ready and that I want to create myself. I've been reading a ton of about cameras, lenses, audio equipment, lighting, etc. lately. I think I'm going to pick up a t3i and some lenses this week and begin playing around, getting accustomed to the camera, lighting, all that stuff.

Any advice on lenses that I should start with for the t3i? Budget isn't really an issue.

A lot of great film and smart people here, I've learned a lot already from reading.

If budget isn't an issue why not go with the T4i? It is the newer version of the T3i and uses the same lenses. The kit lens that you can get with the T3i/T4i is an 18-55mm lens. Which would be good for getting started.

From what I've read there's absolutely no difference between the t3i and the t4i except auto-focus, which doesn't appear to work very well and I deem unnecessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this though. That's just sort of what I've gathered from reading.

Back