Are you burned out yet?

I was thinking about saying "fuck you" to filmmaking and taking up acting instead. Fuck my ideas, I'm not that in love with them, nobody else seems to be either. But I can act. Besides it just seems easier, standing around, bullshitting about nothing in particular. I can chat up dumb actresses and then go fart out a couple of lines. I'll then hit the sauna and relax and have my first gay experience- or whatever they do- jerk each other off? No more obsessing about money, casting, permits, money, crew, script- omg it never ends. I basically think actors are lazy bisexuals- somebody tell me I'm wrong!
4183947122_0f856f27d9_z.jpg

One of my favorites has this process that I never tire of watching. We'll all show up for call-time, and spend maybe 15 minutes drinking coffee and bullshitting about whatever. And then I announce that it's time to get to work. The cast gets to work rehearsing lines while I start setting up shots.

Joe begins to make a transformation. You can see it happen right in front of your eyes, physically. He works on getting into his characters accent, his facial ticks, his body movements. He becomes a different person. It's amazing to watch, and it's very obvious that A LOT of thought, practice and skill has been put into his art.

Should you and I end up working together, I assure you, you'll be sold on the legitimacy of acting. That's one strength I've got going for me -- the actors I work with are legit! :yes:

One of my favorites has this process that I never tire of watching. We'll all show up for call-time, and spend maybe 15 minutes drinking coffee and bullshitting about whatever. And then I announce that it's time to get to work. The cast gets to work rehearsing lines while I start setting up shots.

Joe begins to make a transformation. You can see it happen right in front of your eyes, physically. He works on getting into his characters accent, his facial ticks, his body movements. He becomes a different person. It's amazing to watch, and it's very obvious that A LOT of thought, practice and skill has been put into his art.

Should you and I end up working together, I assure you, you'll be sold on the legitimacy of acting. That's one strength I've got going for me -- the actors I work with are legit! :yes:

I am not interested in what your actor's processes are because they're not doing any of that in my films. I like actors to brood and stare and that's basically it. I do enjoy getting an occasional glare (when I call them shit pants- they don't like that). Almost never do they have lines, every so often I'll allow a single word like "Hey." or "What?" but even 'what' is a dangerous one because the second they open their big dumb mouths and words pop out the audience is going to know it's one of those shitty little indie films that they somehow got "tricked" into watching.

I am not interested in what your actor's processes are because they're not doing any of that in my films. I like actors to brood and stare and that's basically it. I do enjoy getting an occasional glare (when I call them shit pants- they don't like that). Almost never do they have lines, every so often I'll allow a single word like "Hey." or "What?" but even 'what' is a dangerous one because the second they open their big dumb mouths and words pop out the audience is going to know it's one of those shitty little indie films that they somehow got "tricked" into watching.

Heh! Then you'll do a terrific job as my gun expert co-producer!

Back