Are you burned out yet?

It's the blind leading the blind here..

Those are the words of somebody who has been broken down. I've been there, I get it.

Hey, guess who just showed up in your town? I recently survived being broke the fuck down. You wanna join me in the rebuild? It's gonna be real exciting!

I must admit: the initial post here piqued my interest!! :coffee:

Here's a corner in a management office in Hollywood. And these are the scripts that had loglines interesting enough to find a place in this pile to be read. Eventually. Maybe. Hopefully.
Just putting things in perspective....

Here's a corner in a management office in Hollywood. And these are the scripts that had loglines interesting enough to find a place in this pile to be read. Eventually. Maybe. Hopefully.
Just putting things in perspective....

Clearly the key is to print your script on colored paper.

That's why the REAL filmmakers fled to Northern Cali...

*awaits long and heated flame war about the validity of LA vs NY vs SF vs Vancouver*

:)

I had burn out 5 years ago when I started to working. My salary was so shit that I was have to do as many hours I can and then I woke up like 6 am to work place, grab some energy drink from the shop and then late night like 10 pm home from editing room and some times I was sleeping at office chair. It was crazy times when it ended I threw up, because so much stress and was hard to sleep. Same time was have to find new projects and plan own movie :D because newer can do inaf :D Now days understand how important is to sleep and take holidays. I have still seen that producers can't handle the time tables even know. Always have stupid hurry and the results are poor. Most of the things are like that you would start it early, but can't hire people before because they try to cheat time and try to get it with the cheap, shit timetable.

Okay, so you totally ignored my invite to join my next big production, but what you don't yet know is the fact that I'm a tenacious little monkey!

Where is the action? Were can I get into film production discussions (theory and criticism?) without having ppl shit their pants?

It's called a bar. Beer is served there. Strangers sometimes meet there to discuss ideas that they are both passionate about. Oh hey, look, we're in the same city! :cheers:

I recently got an informal commitment from my first recruit. I'm not at liberty to say who, or what job they offered to perform, but it's a huge land. In addition to my online recruiting, I'm also extending offers to people in real life, and I've got a couple solid leads. And I'm probably at least 18 months away from production. Dude, you should at least consider hopping onto this train, cuz it's barreling full-steam towards crazy-town, and it's gonna be one heck of a ride.

Okay, so you totally ignored my invite to join my next big production, but what you don't yet know is the fact that I'm a tenacious little monkey!

It's called a bar. Beer is served there. Strangers sometimes meet there to discuss ideas that they are both passionate about. Oh hey, look, we're in the same city! :cheers:

I recently got an informal commitment from my first recruit. I'm not at liberty to say who, or what job they offered to perform, but it's a huge land. In addition to my online recruiting, I'm also extending offers to people in real life, and I've got a couple solid leads. And I'm probably at least 18 months away from production. Dude, you should at least consider hopping onto this train, cuz it's barreling full-steam towards crazy-town, and it's gonna be one heck of a ride.

Oooh I just saw this, yeah man, I'll meet and have a beer with you. Hit me up with a pm (or can I?) and we'll make it happen. I'm taking a break from this thread for awhile, hopefully. It was a great place to come bitch and moan for a second. I meant every word of it. It it it look how many it's I just wrote. It always shocks me of the lack of creative writing around here with these "others" and their posts. Everyone seems so dry, clearly it (this shithole on the the internet) needs some drama or an edge to sustain our involvement. Am I afraid of being wrong? Failing? Absolutely not. We are ashamed of failures and we seek to hide them. I'm at the point in my life where I hear non-stop stories about the winners and I get bored quickly. Yeah, yeah- you did it right and now you're a millionaire. Great house, asshole. But I'm curious about those who didn't make it and what they're like now, the regrets, the failed dream, bitterly hanging on to that 16mm camera lying around collecting dust. Maybe alcoholism hasn't yet robbed them of their dignity and livers. I think we gain a large benefit from knowing these stories. What did they do wrong so we can avoid that.
Right now I feel good about filmmaking, good not great. I'm not enthusiastic but I can at least see things with hope now. I feel good about filmmaking.

Oooh I just saw this, yeah man, I'll meet and have a beer with you. Hit me up with a pm (or can I?) and we'll make it happen. I'm taking a break from this thread for awhile, hopefully. It was a great place to come bitch and moan for a second. I meant every word of it. It it it look how many it's I just wrote. It always shocks me of the lack of creative writing around here with these "others" and their posts. Everyone seems so dry, clearly it (this shithole on the the internet) needs some drama or an edge to sustain our involvement. Am I afraid of being wrong? Failing? Absolutely not. We are ashamed of failures and we seek to hide them. I'm at the point in my life where I hear non-stop stories about the winners and I get bored quickly. Yeah, yeah- you did it right and now you're a millionaire. Great house, asshole. But I'm curious about those who didn't make it and what they're like now, the regrets, the failed dream, bitterly hanging on to that 16mm camera lying around collecting dust. Maybe alcoholism hasn't yet robbed them of their dignity and livers. I think we gain a large benefit from knowing these stories. What did they do wrong so we can avoid that.
Right now I feel good about filmmaking, good not great. I'm not enthusiastic but I can at least see things with hope now. I feel good about filmmaking.

Well, you're in luck -- I'm currently feeling GREAT about filmmaking, and enthusiasm can be contagious. Yes, we should definitely get that beer. I believe I already sent you my digits, but I'll do again, just in case. :cheers:

I'm late to this thread. I like beer. Well, I like it but it doesn't like me. So now I like Gin. And Red Win. Separate of course.

I also don't live in the states. Another issue. Whose UK based? Indietalk UK pub get together?

I'm always up for talking writing directing (anything to with film technique that'll make my films better).

Fresh meat!!!

I may not be a film veteran, but I am definitely a forum vet in a variety of forums. I know what does and does not keep a forum healthy and worth visiting. And I too like to write, so typing extra words does not hurt my tender fingers.

Now, what can I do for you that are burned out?

I may not be a film veteran, but I am definitely a forum vet in a variety of forums. I know what does and does not keep a forum healthy and worth visiting. And I too like to write, so typing extra words does not hurt my tender fingers.

Yeah, let's get this place rockin' again! I'm gonna start a thread that I hope will get people talking. I don't know the subject yet, haha. You should do the same. And we're gonna make you a film veteran!

Yeah, let's get this place rockin' again! I'm gonna start a thread that I hope will get people talking. I don't know the subject yet, haha. You should do the same. And we're gonna make you a film veteran!

I'm actually very glad not to be involved in commercial films. I have a friend that does that as a key grip and on occasion he has invited us to see films he worked on when they weren't completely embarrassing. These invitations were very few. :lol:

Now think very little about your new thread, cracker. GO!

Back