Anybody?

I know it's not exactly what folks are into here, but is anyone else looking forward to the Tony's tonight?

It's absolutely my favorite award show! It's usually so entertaining and you get to see a bunch of live performances from shows with all the good original actors! Sigh. I can't wait :)

Any other theatre fans on here?

I got my start in theater. Was on Broadway for a while. I've directed
summer stock, a couple of touring shows and 8 different productions
of "Little Shop" around the country. I'm currently a stagehand doing
"A Chorus Line". I'm working tonight so will watch it when I get home.
Looking forward to the show!

I got my start in theater. Was on Broadway for a while. I've directed
summer stock, a couple of touring shows and 8 different productions
of "Little Shop" around the country. I'm currently a stagehand doing
"A Chorus Line". I'm working tonight so will watch it when I get home.
Looking forward to the show!

That's so cool!

When I was growing up I really wanted to be a theatre actor and I did a bunch of community and school productions. I have many vivid memories of sitting in my room listening the the OCR of A Chorus Line on my parent's record player. It always inspired me :)

So which do you like better, Rik? Theatre or film?

I had every intention of watching but didn't remember until about an hour ago. Its 1:24 now.:grumpy:

-- spinner :cool:

Bummer :( It was a really fantastic one this year. Marian Seldes had probably the best acceptance speech I've never heard. It was classic and I hope someone was able to record it for posterity.

Sean Hayes had some good classic humor when he came out. The musical numbers were amazing. I have a huge list now of things I want to see. Can't wait until someone tours with Fela. And I want to fly to NY to see the current cast in La Cage au Folles. That looks amazing! Even American Idiot looked good.

Ok, gushing theatre rant over. lol

I've heard good things about Fela! and American Idiot. Rock of Ages is supposed to be good too, though that was last year. Jesus Christ Superstart is timely now because of the war overseas so even that would be worth seeing again. Broadway has needed a shot in the arm for a while now and I hope that it gets the new blood it needs. I mean, I don't want to see Legally Blonde, but then again, how timely is The Fantastiks?

Broadway was lucky to get Rent and unlucky that its playwriter passed before he got to see it.

--spinner :cool:

Back