• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Any Sci-Fi Script Readers Out There?

My script in not a final draft, but an improving script and it is registered with the WGA.

Would anyone be interested in reading it? It is currently a 97 page sci-fi TV pilot (one of two pilots for a series) feature movie script. It needs to be tightened more and I want to layer the characters and story more. I am writing this the the POV of the goddess, Artemis and cyborgs. They are the main leads.

If you are not a real fan of sci-fi, you may not connect to the characters and story. So, I am hoping a real sci-fi fan will volunteer.

Nick criticized me for the last production in that no one here read the script before the production. Here is your chance.

I can send the script via email as a pdf. Or, I can upload it to google drive.

I would be happy giving it a read-through for you and then giving my feedback. Might read it over a a couple of days though rather than just one sitting. Email is lmsproductions@live.co.uk if you want to send.

- Matt

That would sound more like fantasy as opposed to SF - I'm into spaceships and warp drives.

Have you got a contract yet, MM? :)

A contract? With who? If a network gave us a contract everyone here would know it. There won't be a contract without a show runner on board.

If you saw the 22 minute preview, you would know this involves science fiction AND magic. The 22 minute preview shows we have spaceships and warp drive too.

http://www.cvkproductions.com/ICreator2HolidaysSpecialPage.html

Last edited:
Since I have not heard back from anyone yet, I will state my own finding about what is lacking in the screenplay.

It does not have an overall binding theme.

Example, in The Day The Earth Stood Still the theme was people have to fear losing their lives to appreciate the value of life.

In Superman Unbound, the theme is People shouldn't have to live in fear.

In the next draft, I should make a theme stand out.

Sorry, I don't have the time to read all that.

My writing got a lot better by reading such articles and tips. Placed in the semis of the Nicholl, finalist in other contests etc. You spend weeks writing and filming - I always allocate a few hours every week to reading pro scripts, some pro articles etc.

If we want our screenwriting to get better, we all need to spend at least a few hours every month doing the same.

Last edited:
Right now, I am writing a short story version of the prequel that demands a lot of time and concentration to make a good story in another media of writing.

The script has a good story. It just needs to tighten up around a central theme better. I think I've come up with one.

My plate is full. My day job is more and more demanding for less and less money.

Just say you can't help out reading the script and be over it.

You've come further than I have, MMPLLC - I'll just call you MM for short.

I'm a SF fan, in the sense of liking spaceships, but your version seems more like fantasy - any thoughts on that? Also, as for a binding theme, only YOU can decide what that theme is, and then the rest of us can help you incorporate it. Perhaps a grad student in literature can advise you.

Has it been sold to a TV station yet?

Aspiring Mongrel,

Thank you.

As a studio exec told me, I need to get a show runner on board as an executive producer before I go shopping a series to a network. I initially had the interest of an executive producer from the TV series, Andromeda intetested. But, she passed. If you know the series and see my short film, she could very well have seen too many similarities and passed. I never saw Andromeda before she expressed interest.

So, I have been revising it for future producers.

My series is an oxymoron of mixed genres with a unique blend of science fiction and magic.

A more popular oxymoron of mixed genres is comedy horrors.

Mine is unique when science meets magic. I have a unique introduction to Artemis in the short story I am writing because of this where Angela, Gail, and Roberta are trying to solve the puzzle of how can Artemis exist on three humanoid planets solar systems apart, unless she is a higher form of being or The Goddess of human legends.

Remember, Albert Einstein differs from other scientists and religions with his belief that there is an omnipresent intelligence that keeps the Universe running like a complex machine. That is how I am adopting Artemis to the series.

Back