Any mic recomendations?

Hi Guys

So, I just landed a new contract and I'm investing in audio gear. I want a mic that I can use as a shot gun mounted on top of my camera. (So it needs to fit into some kind of "cold shoe" mount; and able to be covered with a Rycote hamster). This is for my one-man-crew community and docu work.

But ... I also want to use it on a boom for drama.

Now, the good news is that I'm not restricted to mini-jack in, because I've going to use the beachtek adapter to go from XLR to mini-jack (:) ). But, unless it's the bog's licky bits it will have to be battery powered, as I can't justify buying the adapter with phantom power this time.

So, what are your recommendations for good quality mics, but probably under $250 in price?

...this is the mic I have, I am happy with it. Alot of people recommend Sennheiser (sp) but it is EXPENSIVE...

-- spinner :cool:

EDIT: New from B&H this mic is about $150...

Sure the Sennheiser's are expensive, but they are worth it. I bought the ME66 in 1982 and have used it thousands of times over 23 years. Not to suggest the AT's won't last that long, just mentioning that investing in a really good, expensive mic can really pay off.

Back