• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Antihero in NYC! 9/20-9/27

Less than one week until the little movie that could will get it's official theatrical run! One week, one theater. :)

http://www.antihero-movie.com
http://reruntheater.com/

I will be in attendance for all screenings. Should anyone in the area care to say hi over coffee, feel free to PM me and we can exchange contact info.

Note -- this theater rents it's space for weddings, on the weekends. The movie will play Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, twice per night.

So awesome.

Awaiting my copy in the post. Anti-hero is booked for a movie night in.

Dang! I sent it weeks ago. I happen to be going to the post office tomorrow. I just checked with USPS to see if I might have somehow sent it through a less-expensive option, one that might take a long time. But the envelope I use doesn't qualify for cheap bulk-rate, so the shipping should only take 3-5 business days. So please let me know if you don't get it within approx 1 week. Sorry about that. :)

H44, thanks for the interest. However, Antihero has one more fest, the Virginia Film Festival, and then that's the official end of the festival run. Technically, it's not for sale, but I have sent out a small handful, so you can PM me for that if you're interested.

Cheers, everybody! The Chinatown bus leaves in an hour. I got some packing to do, and some Beastie Boys to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtztvaGN92A

Okay thanks. The festival where I live, doesn't actually care about older movies, especially since hardly anyone in my area if at all, would have seen it. They showed a movie that was five years old this year.

I do truthfully enjoy watching the movie, but ten times in the span of a week is gonna be a test of endurance, no doubt! The fun part will be meeting the people who attend.

Got off the bus in Chinatown this morning and ate some ridiculously delicious sticky buns for breakfast. Walked across the Manhattan bridge and caught a film crew prepping for a shoot:

https://vimeo.com/49837229
PW: indietalk

UPDATE: To those of you planning to attend this week, alas, I will not be in attendance. The reason for my change in plans is strictly financial.

Attendance on Friday was very low (and that is directly influencing my financial decisions), but those who were there were rather appreciative, so I'll take that small positive. :)

When it comes to learning what works and what doesn't, it may be more valuable to gauge the reactions of unbiased audience members, but it sure can be a lot of fun watching family members. One of the screenings had one family member in attendance -- star Brian Gartland's uncle, and they seem to share a very similar sensibility. He laughed his ass off, and that alone made my day.

The person in charge of the screenings at reRun is VERY cool. She doesn't just do the programming, she runs the whole show -- tends the bar, sells tickets, controls the projection, lights, audio, etc., so if you attend a screening you'll meet her. Her name is Hunter, she's very much about providing opportunities to us little-folk, and she herself is working on a filmmaking project. I definitely recommend grabbing a beer and snacks and saying hi to her. Word to the wise -- the Guinness, on draft, comes in a plastic cup that I'm pretty sure is 20oz or close to it (much larger than the industry-standard 14-16oz).

We didn't get any reviews from any of the local press. I was of course disappointed by that, but the reason for it is a little more complex that a simple case of The Man trying to keep me down. I'd offer an explanation, but it involves business stuff that isn't mine to discuss. I promise -- it's nothing scandalous, and we may eventually get the coveted reviews. Maybe. :)

So, opening night wasn't exactly everything I hoped and dreamed, but it's also true that I suck at promotion so I'm definitely not blaming anyone, nor is this a woe-is-me tale. I'm definitely very happy to have been able to take part in this, and I hope some of you will be able to attend.

I'd have gone to see it man, if I were in the NYC vicinity.

Good luck with the whole thing. Trailer looks fun. Music is catchy. Characters are likeable. It even seems to have that cracker funk.

Bloody shame that you won't be there!

I believe our co-founder and his wife are going to make a night out of it ... drink and eat it up at ReBar and laugh it up with Antihero

If you change your mind and turn up again over the next few days, let us know!

Back