• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Anti-suicide Short "Happy Accidents"

A short film I made at school. I made this film to try and serve as almost an outlet for people in that state of mind who think that suicide is a plausible escape. I know nobody could ever make a film that can change the mind of a suicidal person. But I figured I try and make something that would get me to question myself if I had ever developed such hopeless thoughts. I would love some feedback on how affective you think it would be. If anything, I just hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mulRx4SjHTc

Last edited:
Maybe it's the computer I'm on. But, there's nothing there to watch.

If you put up a youtube video, between those two youtubes you only put the number at the end of the youtube video. It took me a long time to figure that one out.

I know nobody could ever make a film that can change the mind of a suicidal person.

That's just not true. I have no doubt whatsoever that books, films, and just talk, have swayed thousands towards or away from suicide.

Or indirectly, you can work up to making large budget films, and provide excitement and a living wage for your crew. People just want something to live for, if you're concerned about them, provide that through communication or action. You can only help so many, do the best you can with the most you can.

Last edited:
That's just not true. I have no doubt whatsoever that books, films, and just talk, have swayed thousands towards or away from suicide.

Or indirectly, you can work up to making large budget films, and provide excitement and a living wage for your crew. People just want something to live for, if you're concerned about them, provide that through communication or action. You can only help so many, do the best you can with the most you can.

Your totally right. it's just so many extraordinary things can be accomplished through film and the media. But your right, if anyone is helped by a work of art it is usually indirect.

Always keep in mind why film is so great in the first place. Because it can trancend the medium and become a part of peoples lives. That'll keep you going through the tough times. You are making a difference, by showing people a side of life and the human mind that isn't constrained by the tedious and often unfair nature of reality.

I grew up in a small minded depressing Midwestern town, and the only time I ever saw another bright or creative person was through that movie screen. It kept me aware that though there were no like minded people in the corn fields surrounding my house, that they were out there, and I would meet them some day.

Always keep in mind why film is so great in the first place. Because it can trancend the medium and become a part of peoples lives. That'll keep you going through the tough times. You are making a difference, by showing people a side of life and the human mind that isn't constrained by the tedious and often unfair nature of reality.

I grew up in a small minded depressing Midwestern town, and the only time I ever saw another bright or creative person was through that movie screen. It kept me aware that though there were no like minded people in the corn fields surrounding my house, that they were out there, and I would meet them some day.

I agree. I think everyone looks up to the big screen for hope or guidance, in their own way. Everyone sees something to look forward to or to look up to. And creating something that people look up to, its the best job in the world. and the hardest lol

I like that you are trying to help. Believe it or not there are actually people out there who kick others while they are down instead of trying to lift them up. Pretty much dealing with the emotionally stunted when you see someone picking on someone when they are struggling. I wonder how many suicides could have been prevented if people who like to stomp on others were held personally responsible for the death. You would have to be just... Awful... To be the aggressor who breaks the back of someone who is already broken. I digress.

yeah, my bro's in a mental hospital and my sister's in a lesbian abstinence cult, so none of us really know what it's like to have kids or likewise to deal with losing them, but my bro's talked about killing himself lots of times, he idolized kurt cobain and lost it aftter the guy shot himself.

So I definitely read into this, especially the weight of the subject matter, I respect the way the issue's handled in your film.

Last edited:
yeah, my bro's in a mental hospital and my sister's in a lesbian abstinence cult, so none of us really know what it's like to have kids or likewise to deal with losing them, but my bro's talked about killing himself lots of times, he idolized kurt cobain and lost it aftter the guy shot himself.

So I definitely read into this, especially the weight of the subject matter, I respect the way the issue's handled in your film.

I really appreciate that man. And I hope that everything works out. Family is always the most important thing, you only get one.

Pretty heavy man. But its funny I can almost see your personal character trying to get out and make a joke at every turn. Was a little distracting sometimes.:)

I like that you are trying to help. Believe it or not there are actually people out there who kick others while they are down instead of trying to lift them up. Pretty much dealing with the emotionally stunted when you see someone picking on someone when they are struggling. I wonder how many suicides could have been prevented if people who like to stomp on others were held personally responsible for the death. You would have to be just... Awful... To be the aggressor who breaks the back of someone who is already broken. I digress.

I think I feel darts in my back :)

BTW I once talked a lady out of having an abortion. Just an FYI:)

Pretty heavy man. But its funny I can almost see your personal character trying to get out and make a joke at every turn. Was a little distracting sometimes.:)

lol yeah im constantly fooling around between takes on my movies. im surprised no ones ever gotten mad at me for asking them to help me with a film and then i fool around the whole time lol but at the end of the day i don't leave until i think we've got the best results on film. but joking around is essential lol

Back