Another "Top X" - Musical Scenes

Hey! So, doing research for something that could turn out to be pretty cool. It might be obvious by the blatant question being asked, but yeah, looking into doing a musical. I've seen some of the classic musicals, not too many modern musicals, so for those who have seen ANY movie musical productions, what are your favorite musical moments? Classic, big, small, modern, movie, TV (even Disney channel or Glee), let's hear it!

Not really a fan of musicals, but there are a couple that I like. Sweeney Todd is enjoyable (Johnny Depp is no George Hearn though, so worth looking for the original cast film. It was on Netflix, not sure if it still is). Anyway, single moment, the "By The Sea" scene is fantastic, if only for Depp's absolute indifference through it all.

Repo: The Genetic Opera I like start to finish (well, there's a couple songs I could do without), but "Night Surgeon" scene is one of my favorites, owing to Anthony Stewart Head's astounding voice, as well as some industrial street-cred with Ogre (from Skinny Puppy) playing Pavi. The ending, from "Chromaggia" on is fantastic.

Oh, and have you watched "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"? You should. Neil Patrick Harris brings it, Felicia Day isn't bad, and Nathan Fillion is surprising. Not surprising that he's awesome, just that he sings as well as he does.

Oh, and as a Buffy fan, I feel compelled to mention "Once More With Feeling", but I'm not sure if it really works without knowing the characters, and where they are at that point, emotionally. Piece to a much larger puzzle.

I'd forgotten about Dr Horrible's, thanks! I saw that when it came out, it's fantastic. Going to see it again for sure.

I'll put the others on the "see" list too.

Moulin Rouge (the Nicole Kidman one) did a great job of repackaging a lot of pop songs into a tragic love story. One of my fave musicals. :cool:

If you've never seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show, it's pretty awesome. Best seen at cinema full of wacky people. Even better is the stage production, The Rocky Horror Show... now back on stage in various locations.

Hairspray (both the John Waters version, and the more recent remake) are exceptional.

Evita, Chicago, Grease - all must-sees.

Currently have Xanadu on a loop... pretty bad, but ya never know. :blush:

I know you're asking for particular moments, not whole films - it's late and wanted to get something in. :cool:

Back