• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Another teen filmmaker that's smarter than I am...

I saw this a long time ago and have been meaning to make one ever since. Now that I've got a real tripod, maybe it's time to take apart my old cheap one.

Yeah, I'm wondering what the best tripods to use are, my cheapy didn't work because the legs are too stiff. The original merricam is a Sunpak I think. Cameraonchapman used a Kodak Zi8.

Uh, it appears my tripod doesn't have a screw there. The place where that connector thing to the middle is is actually the first black area that hold a part that extends the tripod. Anyone else have this issue or understand what I'm saying? Any possible suggestions?

Uh, it appears my tripod doesn't have a screw there. The place where that connector thing to the middle is is actually the first black area that hold a part that extends the tripod. Anyone else have this issue or understand what I'm saying? Any possible suggestions?

Mine was the same way. It had a permanent pin in the leg rather than a screw. So we just took the pin out (used pliers to pinch together the hollow end until it would slide through) and plan on getting a small bolt and nut to replace it with. I used an older cheap tripod (just an RCA camcorder tripod that was about 15 years old), so I wasn't too worried about doing permanent damage to it.

Back