• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Another music video

chilipie

Pro Member
indiePRO
Here's something I camera/steadicam operated on a little over a month ago…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZd1jqEc36k

The shot you can see in the poster frame was my attempt at some dirty foreground.

dirtyfg.jpg

Last edited:
AWESOME!!! Did you use the 70-200 that I see in that still you posted for the whole video or was it a combo?

I love how the music is filtered when you go underwater.

lol.

Tell the mixer he has my props.

Pretty cool visuals & camera work. :cool:

Would have liked the band members to project more energy, especially towards the end, though.

AWESOME!!! Did you use the 70-200 that I see in that still you posted for the whole video or was it a combo?

Cheers! But what kind of sound guy are you, knowing about lenses?! :lol:

We were running three 550Ds/T2is, so had a few bits of glass to choose from - three kit lenses, the 70-200 f/2.8 in the picture, a 50mm f/1.4, a 50mm f/1.8 and (I think) a 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6. Lots of the shots were done on a Glidetrack, to try and keep the whole thing moving along; the steadicam shots were all on the kit lens, to save breaking my arm ;)

Nice work! Yeah, the underwater bit was a nice touch.

Pretty cool visuals & camera work. :cool:

Would have liked the band members to project more energy, especially towards the end, though.

Thanks guys! Unfortunately we had no mains power, so were using a battery powered boom box for audio sync - if they got too into the song they couldn't hear it and lost sync :D Could have done with a little more planning in that regard, but it's not my responsibility thankfully…

Chili, I really dig the still photo bits! They work well. The band footage? Well, not so much. It was shot nicely for sure, but this may have been better with just the stills telling the story. Although I totally understand the need to put the band in there; out of your hands as mentioned above.

Back