Act of Valor

Beats me. It honestly looks a lot like a movie meant for people who play shooter video games. Still looks fun to watch, although that isn't the point of this topic.

Oh, and according to filmriot, they used real Navy Seals as actors and used live rounds in some of the scenes.

lol @ your avatar, 1guy :lol: I tried that once with the guru logo but the effect wasn't the greatest since it said premiere and guru :P

I think that could be really good, actually. Although I doubt everything was shot on DSLRs -- there are a few slow-motion shots that would be tough to pull off shooting at 60fps max.

Doesn't look particularly ground-breaking (other than the technical side), but I'd be interested to see how well it holds its own on the big screen.

Merged with previous thread on same topic.

Super-mod ;)

I have to say that I thought we were talking about some indie film that Navy Seals made whilst on active duty. This is a proper film, with a significant budget. I hope that the use of active duty navy seals turns out to be more than a publicity gimmick but, somehow, I doubt it...

That1guy is right. Proper production and well above average cinematography going on here, especially for something shot on DSLR's.
It's not what we're talking about here but the movie itself didnt really look interesting to me.

Wow I have the memory of a goldfish :blush:

I'm with you, Nick. The 'active duty Navy SEALs' thing reeks of gimmick. But whatever works, I guess...

Shane Hurlbut shot this. There are a couple of posts on Hurlblog.com if i remember correctly.
It's all shot on DSLR's.

This film is also the reason, why the new Letus rigs were developed!

Back