• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

camera A7S III - Brace yourselves!!

sfoster

Staff Member
In one week they will announce the A7S III

The A7S MkII was AMAZZZING IMO except that it was 8-bit color.
I have high hopes for the a7s III. if it gives us the same low light brilliance, but with 10 bit color I am IN!

Money shot is at 5:45 with a 1200 MM focal length
Four months of bungling for them to get their shot... sooo much easier to just use a CGI moon

I find it a little bizarre their promotional video would feature someone risking their life without a safety harness or anything, but rather doing a death defying stunt on a stressful timeline.

This camera is absolutely insane.
Last night the trees were shadows to my eyes, I turn on the a7siii and it's a sea of green leaves. wow.

The LCD display doesn't show any noise and it looks totally mind blowing but on the computer there is a lot of noise at 400,000 iso
I need to do some tests about how far you can actually push the ISO after incorporating noise reduction but it's way better in the dark than human eyes. Been reading the manual and playing with the settings.

The autofocus is crazy too!! Rack focus by touching the screen is fun and precise
I think my lenses will be 35mm, 50mm and 135mm

Last edited:
received my $2,100 GM 135mm lens in the mail today. really crazy foreground/background bokeh for anything you desire.
And with a full frame sensor it's still wide enough to capture subjects, it doesn't punch in too extreme.

Since i joined indietalk I have been using a 2010 t2i that was given to me for free, with a 1.6x crop factor. impossible to get a wide shot with that.

camera and lenses were about $8,000 total and I still need to buy lights. yikes.
I was keeping money in my savings account for vet bills, boy did i spend a lot on my dog. But Vladimir had lung cancer and he was euthanized august 31st so i don't need a savings account anymore

After investing in all this awesome gear it seems that my destiny is to make commercials and music videos next...
I have no interest at all in wedding videos. and with my need for frequent breaks i don't think I would be well suited to weddings either

act fast on this deal!

what a bunch of clowns. my rs2 sat in backorder for an entire week on their website eventually i just cancelled it and got it from b&h instead. not giving them any more of my business at adorama.

Back