• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A Question On DSLR, PremierPro CS4, and codecs

I'm beginning an edit using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, and the footage was shot on a DSLR 550d. My question is, what codec do I need to use in order to convert my footage to an editable file?

I work on PC, I have Mpeg streamclip, but what's the best solution?

...other than buying CS5...

I'm beginning an edit using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, and the footage was shot on a DSLR 550d. My question is, what codec do I need to use in order to convert my footage to an editable file?

I work on PC, I have Mpeg streamclip, but what's the best solution?

...other than buying CS5...

I have CS4 suite, and it edits footage from 5D without anything special.
Straight from memory card to harddrive; no intermediaries. (Although I did have to render it all fisrt)

Your CS4 up to date? :huh:

I believe so, I just installed it the other day. I would assume any updates would be installed immediately afterward, but y'know what they say about assumptions. I could be missing an update.

Funny the mention of NeoScene as I just got a tech support reply via email about using the HV20 with 24p pulldown. If I don't jump on the FCP bandwagon anytime soon, I'm thinking I'll throw down for NeoScene (a grand less!) and stick with CS3 for a while longer.

I'm just trying to find a way to actually use my HV20 and get some mileage out of it. The wide angle lens on the 16:9 setting produces some really slick images.

Back