A one man creative in the corporate world!

Hi all, great to join this community. Let me try my best to keep my intro short and sweet, and why I wanted to join.

So as the title suggests, I'm reluctant to say, that my permanent job is to film and photograph people in my own firm, to promote the services we offer. I'm actually within the 'Marketing' department, but I've never done any marketing qualifications. My background throughout school and university were in the creative zone. Always loved art, music and went onto study Media production/Film making at University back in the late 90's (although how much 'studying' I actually did, I question now I'm getting older!).

I'll cut the middle bit out on how I arrived here, but I take most of the portraits of our staff (outdoor headshots) and film them too, with the same 2 Canon DSLRs I use for the photography. Sometimes I'm sent abroad to various offices around the world, and make what I film and photograph look as beautiful as I can, usually with video work being directed by a marketing colleague who knows more about the campaign/topic we're filming.

My firm love what I do, so I've got nothing to moan about apart from.... I do not work with other creators. I feel pretty hopeless just churning out the same stuff day in day out, that essentially is all about promoting the firm. I've always wanted to push my creativity a little harder to those around me I work with in the corporate world, but too often it's not considered a priority.

So that why I wanted to join this community to open up to others and get support about methods, techniques and production skills that may make my role more of simply a 'camera operator' !!

If you got to the end of that. Well done. See you around!

Welcome to IT.

I've been thinking about what my next step is, what to create...
I want to try making some commercials.

Have you considered that? Freelance commercials.
There is a LOT of creativity that can go into a commercial... there are commercials from 25 years ago that I STILL remember because they were so good.

There are even commercials like this that go viral

The company paid 20k for the commercial and it did so well that the company exploded and is now worth tens of millions of dollars!!
A company that only has like 4 employees.

Damn now that is a commercial!!

Welcome to IT.

I've been thinking about what my next step is, what to create...
I want to try making some commercials.

Have you considered that? Freelance commercials.
There is a LOT of creativity that can go into a commercial... there are commercials from 25 years ago that I STILL remember because they were so good.

There are even commercials like this that go viral

The company paid 20k for the commercial and it did so well that the company exploded and is now worth tens of millions of dollars!!
A company that only has like 4 employees.

Damn now that is a commercial!!
That was a really great ad! Never seen it before, and it kept me interested right to the end.

Great idea though. Try making something out of work for potential commercial content. Thanks.

:hi: Greetings, from a formerly Kent resident, so almost neighbours. 'Twas back then and there that my artwork "went digital" for the same reasons - to promote my business of the time; although for the most part, my evolution has stayed static since.

Back