A Legit Way To Fund Raise

I believe I should be able to sell VOD downloads of the 22 minute production with my on line distributors to generate income to complete the 40 minute version.

That is, I believe, a legit way to fund raise to complete the 40 minute version.

I have 2 distributors.

They are on TV professional boards. So, why would they be looking for to sell just feature films?

Because sales agents usually only sell features or tv movies.

Have they talked to you about where they would be selling IC2 to?

You'd bet wrong, especially on the east coast where I'm alone working on science fiction productions. SAG people are the only ones with the right experience for science fiction, especially my friend who has made a career out of it. With the SAG/AFTRA merger more and more of my cast is turning SAG. So, it pays to continue to work with them. Plus, we can get names attached like The Vampire Effect did with Jackie Chan, if we need to go that way.

SAG, British Equity, and Eastern European Union actors are much higher caliber than non union actors names or not. They take their acting more serious and snap at the non union people who hold the production back from their laziness.

We had an actress born and raised in the USA non union who made up her own hours and when the shooting days came, she kept getting lost finding the shooting locations. Our Eastern European Union actress found every location and was always on time. She snapped off at the non union actors with all the excuses who could not find the shooting locations and trying to reinvent the shooting schedule. I ended up firing the American born actress for bad attendance. We had another American born actress who gained 40 pounds from the time we got her costume measurements. She could not fit into her costume and was too sick and over weight to do stunts. As my friend from the Hollywood studios advised me, go union and watch these problems vanish.

Well certainly if you feel that going SAG and hiring professional stunt guys is the way to go and you can afford it, go for it.

As I've stated, the investors will have to pay his price if they want him to make the deal go through. The investors I've talked to said his company feels someone like him guarantees success. In that case, they have to pay for that guarantee.

So this investor is hoping that if you can get that certain writer and if a network or a production company offers to buy it, he will finance the production?
Or is he willing to finance it even without a pre-sale to a network or a prod. co.?

Actors and Stunt.Coordinators

When I do the math with the thousands of dollars wasted recasting roles every week for four months, SAG actors and a stunt coordinator work out as money savers.

Name Writer

Are you familiar with negative pickup money ?

The investor wants as many attachments as possible to build the equity for the series.

I am also giving the Roger Coreman business model a try of how he got his company to produce Black Scorpion for SyFy. He sold 2 tv movies to ShowTime for a

Actors and Stunt.Coordinators

When I do the math with the thousands of dollars wasted recasting roles every week for four months, SAG actors and a stunt coordinator work out as money savers.

Name Writer

Are you familiar with negative pickup money ?

The investor wants as many attachments as possible to build the equity for the series.

I am also giving the Roger Coreman business model a try of how he got his company to produce Black Scorpion for SyFy. He sold 2 tv movies to ShowTime for a

Just a suggestion (that I know you will dismiss):

Since you do not have the track record Corman had when he
sold two TV movies to Showtime you might want to look at his
business model when he was where you are now rather than
his business model after 60 years in the business.

SAG, British Equity, and Eastern European Union actors are much higher caliber than non union actors names or not. They take their acting more serious and snap at the non union people who hold the production back from their laziness.

I would not want my actors snapping at other actors on the set. I do not care who they think they are. An actors job is not to verbally attack their co-workers. That will certainly not create an environment that fosters creativity and communication.

I would not want my actors snapping at other actors on the set. I do not care who they think they are. An actors job is not to verbally attack their co-workers. That will certainly not create an environment that fosters creativity and communication.

They had every right to snap at them for disrupting the set with lateness and expecting everyone to stop the show when they decided to show up more than half a day late and other actors in scenes with them were losing scenes with dialogue.

The self centered diva kept calling me every 5 seconds when we were filming with no concern for anyone else in the production.

She could not clean up her act, so I fired her.

That's the same day I had to fire the stunt coordinator.

That happens more than you think with actors. The cop we had on set said he sees actors clashing every week.

Last edited:
Back