• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 48 Hour film challenge - Tape

I do not like this type of film...but I like this one. It is surpringly moving for so short a clip. I think it is exceptional for what it is.

Overall I really liked it, it was just when the old man picked up the guitar the camera was a little too shaky, but really very good for a 48hr film.

I liked the short. Great job for a 48hr project.
As stated above, the shakiness of the camera was a bit off-putting but all else worked for me.

Have you considered investing or making a simple sreadicam? I made one from parts I found around my job and it works really well. All for less than 15$.

I have steadycams stabilizer thing but it sucks and doesn't really work. I have a tripod too. Generally I don't like to use either because i like the feel of shaky films. I guess it's preference but in my next i'm going to try using tripod/steadycam throughout. I'd be interested in yours if you link it to me

I really wish you'd taken the extra step to source some acquirable music.

Your film is pretty good! Lots of nostalgia, from the Walkman to the actual tape to the bakelite telephone.

Camerawork was a bit dodgy (pet peeve of mine is that ridiculously shallow DoF), and your colour is all over the place... and the lad is probably a bit young to be receiving that final call... still, it was not too shabby for a 48 hour challenge.

The old man is legit. His hands are incredible. :cool:

I really wish you'd taken the extra step to source some acquirable music.

Your film is pretty good! Lots of nostalgia, from the Walkman to the actual tape to the bakelite telephone.

Camerawork was a bit dodgy (pet peeve of mine is that ridiculously shallow DoF), and your colour is all over the place... and the lad is probably a bit young to be receiving that final call... still, it was not too shabby for a 48 hour challenge.

The old man is legit. His hands are incredible. :cool:

I guess not many people are a fan of the DOF and the shaky work. We can easily change that in our next film, it was just our preference with cinematography that we set out to do. Shallow close ups + shaky. Yeah we had colour issues, we tried to make the past look warm and the present look modern and cold.

If anyone has any interest about how it went - We won 1st place out of 23 films at our college. Winning a work experience placement at a film production company and £30

I guess not many people are a fan of the DOF and the shaky work. We can easily change that in our next film, it was just our preference with cinematography that we set out to do. Shallow close ups + shaky. Yeah we had colour issues, we tried to make the past look warm and the present look modern and cold.

If anyone has any interest about how it went - We won 1st place out of 23 films at our college. Winning a work experience placement at a film production company and £30

I told you it was exceptional. :yes:

I may not be a film maker of skill yet(with the help of the guys on the forum here, I will amend that), but as a lifelong viewer of films I do know what I and those like me will be drawn to.

Some folks get too wrapped up in process and lose the big picture. Your camera work may have been less than optimal, but the story IS touching. The story is the most important thing to me.

I look forward to the day when I can get a story as good as yours on the screen with the refinement of videography that ZenSteve and those like him are trying to help us newbies achieve.:cool:

Congratulations! Color me unsurprised. ;)

I told you it was exceptional. :yes:

I may not be a film maker of skill yet(with the help of the guys on the forum here, I will amend that), but as a lifelong viewer of films I do know what I and those like me will be drawn to.

Some folks get too wrapped up in process and lose the big picture. Your camera work may have been less than optimal, but the story IS touching. The story is the most important thing to me.

I look forward to the day when I can get a story as good as yours on the screen with the refinement of videography that ZenSteve and those like him are trying to help us newbies achieve.:cool:

Congratulations! Color me unsurprised. ;)

Thanks for your support :) I guess we're all still learning

Back