2013 Super Bowl

So, not normally a massive football fan, but I'm spending the next couple of days prepping my edit system and consolidating hard drives getting ready to head to New Orleans and shoot/edit during Super Bowl media week. Along with a few guys from our team, I'll be shooting b-roll and interviews with players and coaches in and around the stadium Monday and Tuesday, then while they continue to shoot Wednesday I'll be rushing creating 60-90 minutes of roll-ins and spots for a broadcast on Thursday. It's a bit of a "suicide-schedule", but should be an experience!

Who's got two thumbs and is super jealous right now?

This gal!
two_thumbs_up.gif

Thanks guys! Appreciate the support. Assuming everything works out internet-wise I'll try to share some pictures and what not here.

Been a fun few days so far! We're primarily using a Sony FS700 setup with a suite of Rokinon Cine Lenses which isn't the norm when it comes to press/media stuff. It looks beautiful, a little harder to work with, but all of the camera guys from different stations have been googly eyed over it for sure. We have a few traditional HD ENG style cameras going as well, in addition to lots of DSLR (set up for photo and video) and a small army of GoPro's stuck around the city for B-Roll. Most of the player/coach interaction has been in press conferences at their hotels so far, but we'll be out on the field interviewing one on one with both teams in the morning.

I can't post most of the pictures or any video yet, but I did get to sneak a cell phone pic on stage after one of the press conferences. Thought I'd weigh in on some of the harder-hitting questions.

0fd30aa268fb11e2b4ea22000a1fbdb0_7.jpg

Back