2011 a new year.. a better year for film??

Hmm, my highlight for film in 2010 has to be Inception & Shutter Island.. ( i'm a bit of a Di Caprio freak :) )

I can't wait to see 127 hours, it is finally out in the UK but i haven't had time to go see it yet! And i am also waiting for Black Swan to come out! Loved requiem for a Dream.. so i'm expecting something good. WHo has seen it?? but don't spoil it for me!

One film i will NOT be going to see if "Fred". Okay he's slighltly funny on youtube.. but a whole hour and half of it, i don't think i could stand!

Better? I don't know.

As long as I can remember each year has had really terrible
films and really amazing films. I don't know that I could call
any year a better year for films than any other year.

I guess time will tell if 2011 will be a better year for films.

Hmm, my highlight for film in 2010 has to be Inception & Shutter Island.. ( i'm a bit of a Di Caprio freak :) )

I can't wait to see 127 hours, it is finally out in the UK but i haven't had time to go see it yet! And i am also waiting for Black Swan to come out! Loved requiem for a Dream.. so i'm expecting something good. WHo has seen it?? but don't spoil it for me!

One film i will NOT be going to see if "Fred". Okay he's slighltly funny on youtube.. but a whole hour and half of it, i don't think i could stand!

I dont think I'l be going to see Fred either to be honest haha :)

During bad economic times people are in an escapist frame of mind, which is good for the entertainment industry, which includes film. The quality of the content is always up for grabs. BTW, the big winners during this economic downturn are video games.

There's a Black Swan thread here you can look up when you're done watching it.

And if you like Aronofsky, be sure to watch Pi and The Fountain. I really like Requiem but imo the other two are better

For me, "Toy Story 3" was tops in 2010. I also really enjoyed "The Town" and "True Grit".

In 2011, I'm banking on "Super 8" being pure Summertime popcorn adventure genius. I'm expecting "Rise of the Apes" to be horrible, but I nevertheless will anxiously await it's release, all the while hoping that my prediction is wrong. I think "Source Code" looks intriguing. It's like that one episode of Star Trek: TNG. In case it wasn't obvious, I'm a bit of a sci-fi nerd.

For me, "Toy Story 3" was tops in 2010. I also really enjoyed "The Town" and "True Grit".

In 2011, I'm banking on "Super 8" being pure Summertime popcorn adventure genius. I'm expecting "Rise of the Apes" to be horrible, but I nevertheless will anxiously await it's release, all the while hoping that my prediction is wrong. I think "Source Code" looks intriguing. It's like that one episode of Star Trek: TNG. In case it wasn't obvious, I'm a bit of a sci-fi nerd.

oo true! the town was pretty amazing!

never even heard of any of these films awaiting release.. maybe it's because over the Atlantic things are slow.. haha

Back