• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

2006 Wreck-beach International Film Festival

wrecklogo.gif

Ahoy all,
We are now accepting films for the 2006 festival slated for August 3rd-5th,2006.Its free submission You gotta like that..!!
Filmmakers wishing to submit can visit the website for instructions on where to send their submissions..

["http://www.wreck-beach.org/2006/2006index.html"

I knew at around this time of year they ask for films. I'm going to be sending mine in! :) Heck ya can't beat free! :D Thanks for the heads up.

Youll get two of mine in the coming weeks. :) I really want to attend this year- Denis' (Spatula) photos and such are a great sales pitch for the fest.

I'm seriously thinking of throwing the full video up on the web...
Anyone have objections to that? I've had the full doc of the 2005 festival sitting on my hard drive since August, and I'm at the point where I just want to show it. As long as no one is going to scream "Do you have the rights to that?", I can post it inside of a week (maybe). What do you guys say?

Last edited:
Ahoys filmmakers,
Thanks for your positive comments its nice to hear from you .We are indeed happy to be presenting the festival in its fourth year,,WOW!!! how time flies ,,seems like just yesterday when we got our first submissions..Many thanks ..
It will be a pleasure indeed to meet you Lilith, along with Johnny (Johnny Wu has enterred a submission since the festivals start), Dennis Logan,toronto filmmaker,has done a great job at helping promote the festival with his review at Supergun Cinema,he also made a short documentry on the festival as well..(see above post)
I have been on the qt winding down from last years totally awesome festival..but here we are in Febuary getting ready to be overwhelmed again..arghhh mateys you gotta love it!

Happy sailing
Captain...._/)....http://www.wreck-beach.org

Last edited:
spatula, put up a disclaimer of this is a documentary of my experience at Wreck Beach, then you should be ok to post it, however, people might bother captain and inquiring him about if they have permission to use the songs and such... so, although it might be ok for you but it might be a hassle for Captain, but either way, since there isn't any $ taking place, it should be 'ok' :)

mdifilm said:
spatula, put up a disclaimer of this is a documentary of my experience at Wreck Beach, then you should be ok to post it, however, people might bother captain and inquiring him about if they have permission to use the songs and such... so, although it might be ok for you but it might be a hassle for Captain, but either way, since there isn't any $ taking place, it should be 'ok' :)

Fair enough. I'm so sketchy on internet legalities. On one hand, it's an experience captured on video, for no commercial value- just like a blog... on the other hand, legal issues scare the crap out of me because the law doesn't seem to care about excuses. It'll be a risk I guess, but I'd like to think it'll be overlooked. In any case, I'll make sure not to implicate the captain.

Just throw it up, man. Sure, a large amount of it is me being drunk and stupid and finishing my movie minutes for the premiere...but that's besides the point :P

But I think i should worry about the compression...im not sure many people's eyes can take 30 minutes of blurry video. I know i'd kill a hamster.

Ahoys hail to the king,
Received your two films by mail last friday..awesome submissions ,,thanks for enterring them...
We will be updating the website later in the year ..in fact we are looking for somone who can present a few webpages for the festival..Spatula has offerred his services..maybe we could get some feedback about how the pages should or could look for this years festival...?
captain..._/)....

That s great news Peter.!!!
wrecklogo.gif
Wonderring though if you might be able to make it to the festival in person..always wanted to meet you.?.I also extend the invitation to all filmmakers here ar indietalk..Theres negotiations going on now with indietalk ..we have installed the Indietalk banner on the web page..more news to follow as it becomes available...
Filmmakers that know of companies willing to donate prizes dont be shy and get in touch with us...
Happy sailing
Captain...._/)...http://www.wreck-beach.org/2006/2006index.html

Good to hear that so many here at Indie talk are making plans to attend...Spats did a great job indeed..LOL hell even i want to come !!
We will be constructing a new screen this year...more substantial..the festival is rolling along quite nicely ,many thanks to those that have supported it from the beginning ..hopefully I get to meet all of you eventually ..
Lilith ..how many days have you pencilled us in for?
captain...._/)....

Back