• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 18 WHEELER FIGHT SCENE

Luckily, we found an 18 wheeler with a trailer just sitting on the side of the road by my friend's camp out in the country. So, we thought why not use it for the fight scene in the 3rd episode of "the Rebellion"? It worked out great, I think. Although the truck isn't moving, it still made a great spot to have a fight and it even added to the whole (kinda) post-apocalyptic setting.

This episode sort of explains what a seraph actually is. Enjoy, feedback is welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k89to85vm8

Hey, it looks like you've got a very nice start on a series. As far as I can see, you've got a dedicated cast/crew, and that's a big plus.

I think the pacing of the edit could be picked up a bit, particularly with the action shots. My main concern is that contrast. Dude, if you're not going to control your lighting, you can't really up the contrast, cuz now we can't really ever see anybody's eyes, and we often can't even see their face.

Hey, it looks like you've got a very nice start on a series. As far as I can see, you've got a dedicated cast/crew, and that's a big plus.

I think the pacing of the edit could be picked up a bit, particularly with the action shots. My main concern is that contrast. Dude, if you're not going to control your lighting, you can't really up the contrast, cuz now we can't really ever see anybody's eyes, and we often can't even see their face.

Thanks for your input man. I guess we put a bit too much color correction into it. We'll fix that up for the next episode. The next episode should be much more fast paced.

Couple things. When we are looking at the Seraph, you might consider a lot more low angle

stuff. This would help to give him a larger than life presence. A good example would be the

police station shoot out in the first Terminator. Also, get closer. Make him fill the screen. The

way it is now, he looks like some dude.

Okay, here's a dialogue sugestion: When they encounter the Seraph and the one guy asks

the other "Do you think we can take this thing down?" Why not have the guy respond a

simple, "no". Then we are really sure that the Seraph is a bad ass.

For the fight scene: When thewy are doing the sweeping, cool looking, moves, I would back

out abit and let us see. Then for the grappling stuf, get in close. Also, IMO, a fight scene

needs to be practiced many many times before you film. In this scene there is a lot

of "hiccupy" moments. Little hesitations that break the action. I think it could have been cut

tighter as well. The tighter cut goes for the whole thing as well.

Another dialogue thing: When the tells us,"The seraph went into the wood." We know, we

just saw it. So that dialogue is not needed. Why not start with the other guy saying

something like,"It's gone!Let's get teh f*ck outta here!" To which the other guy responds

with something like," Its not gone, just waiting. This thing will never stop until we are dead."

Just some things to consider.

Not too shabby man. Decent choreography and what not/

The biggest thing I'd critique is the intro... we have to wait almost 2 minutes for the movie to start and the entire file is 6:30 long. Internet audiences have no attention span, keeping stuff fast and tight helps.

Also, careful around those trucks haha, most parked trucks have an armed trucker sleeping inside who wouldn't appreciate you walking on the hood of his $50-100k truck :)

I agree with paul griffith.

The intro is too long and if this is a mere episode of a series with multiple episodes then I wouldn't suggest putting an intro at the beginning of each episode, esp. since the intro takes up almost half the entire video. Also the cc was a little to noticable as it looks like you added too much contrast and saturation.

other than that good

Wow, great feedback guys, really appreciate it. We will def. take all this into consideration for the next episode. The thing about the intros are that they are flash backs. We just really needed to show some kind of background for each character without going completely off-track of what was going on. So, we decided to put it before the title screen.

Back