• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

1000dollarfilm to become a magazine

Hi Guys

About six months ago I came to the conclusion that indie micro-budget film making needed a magazine. Somewhere, where newbies and veterans alike could find interesting articles, news, video tutorials and inspiring rants about all aspects of the indie scene.

So, after a bit of thinking I've done it... I've taken 1000dollarfilm and transformed it from a blog into a full bore, online mag.

What I've done is tracked down people I thought had good stuff to say, and asked them to write regular columns on screenwriting, production technique, cinematography and also the business side of marketing and distribution.

My aim is to turn this into the best indie magazine in the world... because I think the time is right for the digital film making revolution to start making a larger impact on the industry.

So, check us out, get involved and give me some feedback.

I'm going to be introducing the regular columnists over the next couple of weeks... (you will recognise quite a few of the faces!)

However, I'm also looking for people to submit one off pieces about a piece of the indie puzzle that they are passionate about, so feel free to contact me if you've any ideas or want to write a piece for the mag.

Hehe.. I've actually had a domain name registered to do just this very thing for about 2 or 3 years now, never have gotten around to doing anything with it though..

Thanks guys... I'm obviously both excited and a bit scared of what I'm attempting. In fact, I'm already embroiled in complications about an article I want to write about a new product for indies, that's very, very exciting. The product, not the complications! LOL

My goal is to have something new and relevant on the site everyday.

Hi guys

Just wanted to give an update on the progress of 1000dollarfilm... the e-zine

So far, it's all gone incredibly well Matt Hader sent me a fabulous interview with Chuch Lorre (Of Three and a Half Men fame)

Script Consultant Victoria Lucas has supplied a great article on "How to find a reliable script consultant"

and our very own Mr Modern Life... has started a series of articles on distribution

The regular columnist include some names you'll recognise: Cole McDonald (Knightly) who is writing about DIY approaches

and this week will see new pieces from our Pixel Guru - Doug (Oakstreetphotovideo).

I'm working on an article about new developments in animation technology, which are going to radically change the cost and scope of animated feature films and CGI...basically animation is about to go indie.

Anyway... just wanted to let everyone know that with the initial site set-up issues now completed it's now all about content. My goal is still to post a new article or piece of video everyday and at the same time to keep the quality of the articles and the information at the highest levels.

Hope it everyone finds something useful here ... and if you think there's an area of indie film making I'm overlooking, feel free to let me know.

Clive, I'm guessing that your earlier 2,410 posts were just a clever scheme to give yourself credibility on this forum, so you could avoid confrontation when writing shameless plugs like this one. :LOL: :ROTFL: :D :P :; (emoticon hell)

Doug

Clive, I'm guessing that your earlier 2,410 posts were just a clever scheme to give yourself credibility on this forum, so you could avoid confrontation when writing shameless plugs like this one. :LOL: :ROTFL: :; (emoticon hell)

Yeap, I've put four years in here, just to get to this point! LOL That's how cunning I am. :lol:

Will would be a great resource on props, costumes and physical fx/prosthetic/makeup bits :) I think your DIY guy is a brilliant choice... Hey wait, that's me ;) I'm excited to see where this goes.

Yeah... that DIY guys is fantastic... I can't wait for his next piece (and I'm not Clive, I'm a film maker who is borrowing his laptop and am saying Knightly is fantastic, just because he is... and not only that I'm going click on the Adobe banner at 1000dollarfilm and buy lots of Adobe stuff, just so Clive [who is also fantastic] can actual pay his writers])

Hi Guys... Clive here, would have posted earlier, but just had to chase away some dude from my laptop... :lol:

Hi Guys... Clive here, would have posted earlier, but just had to chase away some dude from my laptop...
I always spray my laptop with deer urine to keep would-be freeloaders away from it. The trouble is, it tends to attract flies.

Clive, what happened to $1,000 Dollar Film?

He told me he was up to his ears with the Milan Film Fest, and he had some "career breakthroughs" and became too busy to continue for now, so he folded it. Knowing Clive (vaguely) I'm betting he's doing something much more exciting!!!

That being said, there's a hole in the market now Indie :) ... LOL... I'd love to see this site have a secondary function with submitted articles on low-low-low-budget (under $1000) resources and tactics.. something to consider anyway...

Back